Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Wow I haven't even been on here for a year yet! I'm definitely gonna miss this place, and I wish nothing but the best of luck to all of you. Bannedcartoonfan, signing off.(And Now to do somethibg I've always wanted to do:)
:mad::p;):D:o:):(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek::bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:shame::ysam::befuddled:speedy::coyote::beepbeep::lepew::ham::marvin::foggy::coolcat::sowhite::sniff::dodo::slow::buddy::honey::bugs1::tomcat::jerry::twoshoes::droopy::wolfie::red::bbear::mickey::minnie::donald::goof::scrooge::fethry::woody::chilly::andy::rabbit::magoo::fox::crow::sailor::betty::huey::audrey::buzzy::felix::mighty::gandy::thinkpink:flip::bosko::felix::befuddled:wolfie::bugs2::

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

This is why we need to find a new Forum-Hosting Home for the GAC!

We have to, otherwise, there may NEVER be another forum like this ever again!

Steve Stanch

Postby Steve Stanch » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:01 pm

I too am very sad to hear the news! Thunderbean DVDs exist in large part because of the forum community here! I'll be sending out the last of the GAC 'special' discs in the coming days....

Jon, thanks for your work in keeping it going as long as you did!

Bradskey

Postby Bradskey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Yeah I'm wondering where the remnant of us is going to head. Checking out the "big" talk-back thread for the new T&J set on toonzone, which amounts to a couple of gripes about Amazon's shipping practices, sheesh. I don't think that's the place. Their idea of classic generally is 1980s Scooby Doo.

AnimationShow isn't exactly hopping, the site is practically dormant, but at least the forums are up and running... I think. Or BCDB maybe?

Or how about this, where is Steve Stanch going? We'll all follow the leader. lol :buzzy:

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:15 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:The BCDB forum has been on life support for years. If we all went there, we would have the most influence over the place. I think we should. It's where most of us began before toonzone and Beck's forum anyway. For a long time, that forum was the equivalent of this minus. I think it would be neat if we all went back and our discussions were still there! Most people hit the site itself up as a reference tool anyway. This was really just a spinoff. If we went back to the BCDB, it would be the equivalent of going back home. It may be more boring than life outside of the fence but it's home.

That's actually a really good idea! We may be able to breathe some life back into the Big Cartoon Forum once again.

Also, when I first heard of this news, I immediately pictured this music from one of my childhood PC games of the 1990s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4AgT0q2EKA
(Gotta love that early 1990s MIDI sound from MS-DOS games!)

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm really thankful that GAC Forums was around when it was. In the outside world, you don't feel you belong talking about this stuff. At GAC, silly ducks, wisecracking rabbits, stuttering pigs, lisping cats, is the norm! It was nice to be able to chat to people about these subjects! Thanks Jon, Matt...you'll still me on Facebook (Charlie Jacob, for anybody else) and waiting for GAC's future.

Javeman

Postby Javeman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Toonatic wrote:You know, it just hit me. What about the ToonZone forums? We could all go there (or you since I'm already a member there!).
I said back in my post you guys are all welcome to post there. Almost every GAC veteran has an account there, since that's where the original TTTP was born.
[size=134]"Why do people care so much about signatures anyway?"
[/size]

Scuz Fink

Postby Scuz Fink » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks to Jon Cooke for making these forums happen.

These forums have been very important because it's a place where you could always go to discuss and find out about (sometimes obscure) details about classic cartoons and what went into their creation that might not even be available anywhere else.Thanks to all the researchers that have posted here and made it a great forum.http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/member.php?u=19

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:08 am

I'm not going to say this is my last post, but it very well could be. I haven't added much to the conversation on here, mainly because the reason I come on here is to learn information from the rest of you. I'm fairly new around here (it's actually hard to believe it's over 2 years -_-), but I have enjoyed you all. I'm going to scroll through the list of people's names and give those who I have associated with at some point some notes. Sorry if I forget anyone, and some of the people I talk about will likely not even get online to see this. :P

It was great to have such celebrities as Andrew Farago and Bob Bergen on here, both of which I was surprised accepted my friend requests. :P

ALL THE MODS- Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate all the help I was given by Jon and Matt via PM's. :)

Brandon Panther- You always gave good insightful information. Quite enjoyable to see your name by a post. :)

Cartoonfanatic201/LooneyTunerIan/Paulie J. Waddle- It has been easy to get annoyed with you for the sole reason of your "new member" status. Any person with no eyeballs can realize how unfair this is, and not only do I apologize, but I thank you for the meaningful contributions you've made to the forum, because there were many. When it comes to how some feel that starting new threads is unnecessary, I think that a lot of the threads you have started were very good. "Your Favorite Censored 11," "5 Word Story" (a grand idea), and "Worst LT Revival", respectively. :)

Daffysleftfoot- You've brightened up my day on countless occasions. Take example of the Phineas and Ferb "sex tape" from the 3 (5?) word story thread. Thanks. :D

Geezil- Your posts are always insightful and entertaining. :)

Glowworm- Thank you for allowing me to do the "CDOTW" as a fill-in for you. So much for that now, eh? :p Also, thank you for acknowledging my posts on this form, which is more than I could say for most others.

Jerry Beck- Saying anything that hasn't been said already would just be stupid. :p

kaseykockroach- You were another who made a crappy day at least have some smile. You were always witty and entertaining. :)

Matt the Y- I quite frankly refuse to believe that there is anyone on the planet who has as much trivia about golden age cartoons floating around their head as you do. :p

oceansoul- Like Glowworm, you went above the call of duty to acknowledge what I was saying, and I deeply thank you for that. :)

R.J Smith- Sorry about our little "disagreement" over the thread closure. :o

Ray Pointer- Thank you for your kindness and for be-friending me. :)

Sogturtle- Out of ALL the members, it was always most enjoyable to read your posts. You know so much, and are always entertaining. ;)

Woody Woodpecker- Thank you for your kindness and agreements with me. :P

I doubt I'll join any other forums that result from this. It wouldn't be worthwhile since I didn't contribute much worth here anyway. :P

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:30 am

This is indeed sad news. I've enjoyed my time here; although I actually started out on the BCDB Forum and still maintain a membership and moderator status there; along with Glowworm, Daffy's Leftfoot and, I'm sure, a host of others.

Glowworm: You've done a phenomenal job with your CDOW's here. I hope that maybe you'll be able to continue doing those over at BCDB. Maybe Dave could even make you a moderator, if you're so inclined.

I hope many people here who have never visited the Big Cartoon Forum will take the opportunity to do so; despite the recent lull in activity there, it's a fun site with some really stand-up people as members.

I also hope that someone will take the ball here and run with it. I like the idea of perhaps merging these forums with the original Toon Zone Forums.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”