Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Ben-the-looney

Postby Ben-the-looney » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:45 am

This really saddens me because I just joined here a few months ago, and I haven't been on here long enough for anybody to notice me. Oh, well... I had fun with the little time I had.

thekingof8

Postby thekingof8 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 am

I haven't posted much, but I always loved coming on here for info, and interacting with others who loved classic animation as much as I did.

Kowalski

Postby Kowalski » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:11 am

Very sad and unexpected news. :(
Many thanks to Jon and the moderators for keeping this place as almost a second home for numerous fans of classic cartoons. I haven't posted very often for the last few years, but I regularly enjoyed all the info, discussions and occasional craziness.

Lemanic

Postby Lemanic » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:56 am

I've made a thread about a subject I created; "The Looney Tunes Show: Enhanced" in Toonzones Adult Swim forum. Check it out for more information here. http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?288732-The-Looney-Tunes-Show-Enhanced-A-possibility

Does it sound like a good idea? I've had it for a long time.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Glowworm wrote: Wow--it's nice to hear that. :D From last time I recall though, the BCDB had very tight categories--one for Warner Brothers, one for MGM, etc... I'm unsure if there really would be a proper place to put one.

If you wanted to start one over at the IAD forum, I'll set you up a special category for it.

Gasmask Ted

Postby Gasmask Ted » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Creating more categories is a bad thing for forums. Many people (like me) tend to read only one of them, where the most material is. The more divisions you get, the harder it is to follow everything. (I think that's the underlying problem gloworm points out; dividing forums makes it harder to have a discussion that crosses over.) So, while there's a benefit to having a place to discuss golden age cartoons so the discussion isn't drowned out by people talking about current shows, there's a detriment in having MGM cartoons separated from WB cartoons, or silents divided from sound, or Clampett separated from Jones, etc.

J. A. Boschen

Postby J. A. Boschen » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 pm

I joined back in 2005, and I must say it's been a fun six years. Even though I have not been as active here these past few years as previously, it's always been nice to come here and exchange information regarding all the old theatrical cartoons, especially the rare ones, with both historians and other film buffs. A number of individuals have helped me out here at GAC greatly in a variety of ways and I am very grateful for their's and everyone else's contribution in helping me out. Despite the forums being closed I am going to continue my own independent research on the variety of topics relating to animation history, film history, film exhibition, etc. that continues to interests me.

I would like to give a special thank you to (in alphabetical order) Jerry Beck, Tim Cohea aka Sogturtle, Craig Davison, David Gerstein, Thad Komorowski, Ray Pointer, Steve Stanchfield, Tom Stathes, Dillon Upton aka Dandu, and Wundermild for all of your great contributions and information you have shared with me here at GAC over the years.
Thanks again guys! I HIGHLY appreciate all of your help! :)
:beepbeep::coyote:

AndrewGilmore

Postby AndrewGilmore » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

The more I think about this, the sadder I get, because I really grew up around here. It's been in existence since I was 12. But no lament I could give is going to stop the inevitable, so I just want to say a big fat thank you to everybody who's talked to me here over the years. And at that, it's not really goodbye, because most of the important ones I'm still in touch with on FB and we can talk about toons there any time we like. But I'll still miss the forum for what it was. Here's to 13 years of great memories- thanks to everyone and goodbye.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't want this forum to be closed. :( why can't anyone undertstand that?

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:I don't want this forum to be closed. :( why can't anyone undertstand that?

We all understand it. Posting pretty much the same thing 10 times or more really isn't necessary.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”