Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

DaffyDave

Postby DaffyDave » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm

AndrewGilmore wrote:The more I think about this, the sadder I get, because I really grew up around here. It's been in existence since I was 12. But no lament I could give is going to stop the inevitable, so I just want to say a big fat thank you to everybody who's talked to me here over the years. And at that, it's not really goodbye, because most of the important ones I'm still in touch with on FB and we can talk about toons there any time we like. But I'll still miss the forum for what it was. Here's to 13 years of great memories- thanks to everyone and goodbye.

Andrew - I'll keep an eye on the Learning Tree for your classes. Hopefully the next time works out better. Not sure how else I'd find out otherwise without this forum...

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Well this place helped me grew in love with classic cartoons, It grew from collecting only Donald Duck cartoons to pretty much everything from every studio.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Steve Stanch

Postby Steve Stanch » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm

I think the best solution would be to ask Toonzone forums if they would add the Termite Terrace Trading post to their forum- one more catagory, but it would probably be the most quickly populated...

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Well, I hope to join the new site if possible. Thank you for the fun, though it was so short. It was nice to meet all of you, and it was a nice place to show my thoughts on animation and talk about my hobbies and interests. I was hoping to be on this forum throughout my dream animation career but now I guess I'll have to find a new place. It's nobody's fault at all, and we can't go pointing fingers at anybody, but when things change we must cope. :(

Farewell ol' friends,
Paulie J. Waddle (")>

:bugs2::daffy::bosko::sylvester:befuddled
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:35 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:But I don't want the forums to be closed. :( Where we will go?

Believe me, Ian, I hear you! And, no doubt, 99.9999% of all GACers are feeling your pain too (cliched though that expression may be by now).

(Please understand that, although I tend to joke a lot these days ... an excellent defense mechanism against a wider world that sucks ever harder by the second ... I am NOT treating the end of GAC Forums as anything of the sort.)

As for where we might go, you can see that there already are some fine possible solutions sprinkled throughout this thread ...

Eutychus wrote:I've started something very basic here if anyone is interested:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

... and, this, being the first to catch my eye, looks like a pretty promising start. Thanks, Eutychus, and I've just signed up! Roll on!!

[EDIT: I now also see that a solid group of other GACers already awaits us there. Here's to its growing by leaps and bounds. A new phoenix-style beginning, folks!! See you there too?]
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Steve Stanch wrote:I think the best solution would be to ask Toonzone forums if they would add the Termite Terrace Trading post to their forum- one more catagory, but it would probably be the most quickly populated...

That's what I was thinking, the old TTTP still exists on TZ in archived form, why not just open it back up and put it back in the main index? The only issues I can see with this is it might need new mods to run the board, and TZ might have to merge it and the Retro board, or re-launch the Retro board altogether into it's own category focusing on cartoons from the 60s through the 90s.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Geezil wrote:Believe me, Ian, I hear you! And, no doubt, 99.9999% of all GACers are feeling your pain too (cliched though that expression may be by now).

(Please understand that, although I tend to joke a lot these days ... an excellent defense mechanism against a wider world that sucks ever harder by the second ... I am NOT treating the end of GAC Forums as anything of the sort.)

As for where we might go, you can see that there already are some fine possible solutions sprinkled throughout this thread ...

... and, this, being the first to catch my eye, looks like a pretty promising start. Thanks, Eutychus, and I've just signed up! Roll on!!

[EDIT: I now also see that a solid group of other GACers already awaits us there. Here's to its growing by leaps and bounds. A new phoenix-style beginning, folks!! See you there too?]

I got a better idea!

I say we move the Termite Terrace Thread, The Looney Bin Thread and the Merry-Go-Round Breakdown Thread, to this new forum: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

It'll be just like GAC!

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I already posted this in Paulie's "Memories" thread, but I feel it I should also post it here.

I'll really miss the following from GAC forums:

-The constant wealth of information we all received from Dave Gerstein, Thad, J Lee, Fibber Fox, Steve Stanch, Ray Pointer, Jerry Beck, Sogturtle and countless others
-April Fool's Day (hilarious joke threads, and yes, the dancing fish :P)
-The warmth and kindness from members like Sogturtle, cpdavidson, Geezil, and Glowworm
-The antics of Kasey, Der Capitan, The "Chase", and Brandon Panther
-The awesome DVDs from Steve
-The thrill of hearing about a new classic cartoon-related discovery
-and so much more

Thanks again to all, there truly couldn't be a better animation board. Also, sorry if I missed anyone.

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:07 pm

tristar wrote:-The antics of Kasey, Der Capitan, The "Chase", and Brandon Panther

For my sake, I hope it was the silly stuff I posted in The Looney Bin, not my times starting out here. :p

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:14 pm

This is sad indeed. I've been lurking the forums since 1999, and have been a member since 2005. I guess we'll never finish those research threads on every WB short, and that recent series of threads about the animated Disney films won't be completed.

I guess I shouldn't ask any questions (as there won't be much time for anyone to answer), but one good thing is that the dancing fish will no longer take over april fools day.

I am a member of the Toonzone forums, though I haven't posted much in the last year (it's not as good as GAC, and they don't allow list threads). I'm also a member of the Muppet Central forums, as well as a number of low-profile forums (some of which can have animation discussions without seeming out-of-place).

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”