Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

J. J. Hunsecker

Postby J. J. Hunsecker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:24 am

At long last, I can finally tell everyone here what I really think of them without fear of being banned! Anything goes now!! Mwuh ha ha ha ha ha!! <--(Diabolically laughter)

On a less serious note, what will become of the GAC smilies? They were the best smilies of any forum, hands down. Now they'll be orphans. One last time, for old times sake: :bosko::bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:shame::ysam::befuddled:speedy::coyote::beepbeep::lepew::ham::marvin::foggy::coolcat::sowhite::sniff::dodo::slow::buddy::honey::bugs1::tomcat::jerry::twoshoes::droopy::wolfie::red::bbear::mickey::minnie::donald::goof::scrooge::fethry::woody::chilly::andy::rabbit::magoo::fox::crow::sailor::betty::huey::audrey::buzzy::felix::mighty::gandy::thinkpink:flip: There goes my dream of one day seeing a Gabby Goat smilie. Alas. Now let's all join in a rousing chorus of "We'll Meet Again". (How come some of the smilies aren't working? Damn it, the last weekend -- but not The Lost Weekend -- of GAC and the plumbing goes all to hell!)

Actually, I'm just waiting for everyone to leave so I can steal the copper wiring from this place.
"I'd hate to take a bite outta you. You're a cookie full of arsenic."

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:39 am

Tim Lones wrote:It seems one of the Ladies (Glowworm or Debbie) also posted this earlier in the thread.

Looks like that was Debbie. So, Debbie, if you're reading this, you have my belated thanks for a perfect choice too!!! :D
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

agg

Postby agg » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:07 am

Well it's been a great 11 years.This forum (with all it's shortcomings) was the greatest help for people like us (non americans)

rex racer

Postby rex racer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 am

Well friends, it's been real. Thank you ever so much Jon for the TTTP and GAC over the last decade plus, but I kinda think I get where this is going. Forums only work when people remain sincere, and as of late I've seen much disharmony in many of the forum sites, not just this one. It's the anonymity factor I think, just too easy for people to be something they are not, just for getting some reaction or rise out of the people who are sincere. Tis why I stopped posting for the most part.

I very much appreciate the core scholars here, who helped expand my interest outside DVDs and VHS. Tim, if ever you have the desire to digitalize your archive, I'm your guy. What you are assembling is positively amazing! Larry , Dave, Tom, Thad ( aka Bernie ) thanks for all you've shared and brought to the conversation. Steve, what can I say, wish I had millions to sink into your efforts! As it is, I know the connection will still be there, too many plans on the drawing board :). Lee, Mathew, Craig, hope our paths still cross out there in the ether.... Mr. Dodgers (Andrea ) glad you still have the interest, now that you are all grown up! I know I'm forgetting many somebodies, but I guess not much I can say except KEEP IN TOON. Out.....

gsn93

Postby gsn93 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:11 am

Even though I am a relatively new member I have been lurking here for about two years now. Not much else to say that most of you already have said. It has been enjoyable reading these forums.

Lemanic

Postby Lemanic » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:38 am

Ok, who did ban my Toonzone Forums account again? I wasn't even swearing now. You just turned out to be really, really spiteful with that action. Instead of goin' "He's Lemanic, let's ban him!", think this instead "Ok, that's him again. Let's see how this turns out. He ain't using any inappropriate words, so let's keep him".

I demand an answer.

Sincerely,
Lemanic.

ThePeterNetwork

Postby ThePeterNetwork » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 am

I stopped coming here after the virtual demise of Mig... er, Pear... you know, that person because of the great emotion I had felt for such an individual. Now that the entire forum has come to an end, I would like to put in my own two cents.

Back when I registered on ToonZone (which I still feel was a mistake), I was under the impression that once you register, you are compelled to use the forum until banned (in which they held your screen name hostage like at DISboards.com) or until the forum goes away. The GAC Forums seemed to be 100 times better than any of the other forum that I had been to, and it came as a surprise to me that it would come to its own end.

But you know what? times change, people change, attitudes change, it's a part of life. We all need to move on to survive. It's the old "adapt or die" situation. And whatever GAC intends to do with itself, I wish it the best of luck.

In closing, had I known that the GAC Forums were going away, I may have been more participatory in that sense. At least I'll keep track of it on Facebook through Tom Stathes, Nelson Hughes and their friends whom I don't know.

Farewell, GAC Forums. I'd like to say that it's been a slice... and I think I will.
:bugs1: Support your favorite Golden Age Cartoons by purchasing their respective DVDs. If they don't have DVDs, let the studio who currently holds the rights to them know you want to see them on DVD. They may not listen, but you can tell them anyway.:daffy:

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:08 am

rex racer wrote:Thad ( aka Bernie )

Not true. Bernie Flug's posts were the work of another friend of Tom Stathes's, and I don't care what that shittard Rick M. said.

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 am

rex racer wrote:Tim, if ever you have the desire to digitalize your archive, I'm your guy. .

Aw Rex,

I appreciate the nice words (oh you meant Sogturtle..sorry:))

(Wishes I had an archive to digitize..Oh well.:D)

Mac

Postby Mac » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:28 am

Just saw the news and oddly enough I'm surprised I'm not surprised.

I don't want to single anyone out, as it would mean missing out too many, but I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here.

Thank you to everyone involved in creating, moderating and maintaining this forum. Thank you to all the experts who have taught me so much and have so generously shared their knowledge as well as rarities they worked hard to seek out. Thank you to all the fans like me who just wanted to share their enthusiasm for golden age cartoons.

Although I'm sorry to see the forums go, I agree with others that say its best days seem to be behind it. I'll be sticking around GAC and following the websites and blogs of members here and I'll be interested to see what new developments there are.

Thanks again!

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”