Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Debbie

Postby Debbie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:26 am

Here is an appropriate send-off to the GAC forum :ham::
http://youtu.be/KjFWKZbepmA
And I'll add my voice to those who hope that someone else will continue it.

Studio Toledo

Postby Studio Toledo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:39 am

And yet I feel fine and happy about the whole thing. It certainly feels time to move on.
- Christopher M. Sobieniak

"Listen, I don't want to interrupt your story, but is this a joke you're gonna tell me about a minority group, and after you tell it we're all gonna laugh and feel superior?"
(from "Norman Normal," 1968)

Welcome to the P.B.S.

Ken Layton

Postby Ken Layton » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am

There is also this forum:

http://www.animationshow.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

And perhaps Ron Kurer will restart the ToonTracker forum?

R. Araya

Thanks

Postby R. Araya » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:12 am

While not my last post (I hope). I just want to thank every member on the forum for the good times we all had. Sometimes we disagreed, but the forum has been always like a home for me. I'll get to other forums during the meantime, but nevertheless, I'll miss this place very dearly.

-Rod Araya.

P.S.: Why we don't recall about our most significant moments in the forum?
The Golden Age Cartoon Forums: It's Been a Long, Long Time.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 am

This is going to be my last post here. I want it to be the last.
Thanks Jon, thanks for what you've done.
There will probably never be a place as GAC.
It was an important part of my life, giving me the possibility to start my collection of classic cartoons (which now is titanic).
GAC also allowed me to "meet" wonderful people as Stefano, you, Larry, Thad, Tom, David, Pietro, Steve, Jerry, Dragan,Del, Klaus...if I'm forgetting someone is just because I am, and I'll always be, a crazy darnfool GACer:daffy:
Thanks!
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am

Studio Toledo wrote:And yet I feel fine and happy about the whole thing. It certainly feels time to move on.

Dr. Sweets says you don't really mean that, and that's your subconcious trying to make you feel better about the situation. :p

All joking aside, I'm sad to see this forum go. I do hope to see it come back soon in another form.

I want to give a shout out to all the GACcers I've interacted with. Andrew Gilmore, for being a great friend, and always wanting to stay in touch. Studio Toledo for sharing my interests. Matt Hunter for impressing me with his cartoon impressions. David Gerstein for blowing my mind. Steve Stanch for going the extra mile that WHV would never do. Pietro Shakarian for putting up with me. :p Thad Komorowski for making me jealous for his invlovement in animation. Pearl Purehart for adding some oddball drama to the forum (even if most of it was probably fake), and so many others I'm forgetting.

RIP TTTP
1998 - 2011.
Or at least until if you get reincarnated.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 am

But you can't close down! I love these forums. Where am I going to find my DVD news I won't find anywhere else, info on what Steve Stanch is working on, all the great stuff? You don't know how sad this makes me. No words can describe how I'll miss this place and the friends I met here. RIP GAC Forums. :(

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 am

I know this seems like a kick in the gut to some of you. It surprised me as well, but the timing is right. The world of the internet has evolved, and we must evolve with it. I haven't been around the forums as much in recent months due to something called "life", but I have still been involved with the Misce-Looney-Ous blog and the GAC Facebook page, and so has Jon.

I'm sorry to see it go, but 13 years is a hell of a run for the TTTP, and it's been my pleasure to be a part of it. Once we get everything reorganized, we have some ideas that will keep GAC as much of a community as it has always been. I hope you folks will stick with us!:sylvester

-Matthew

looneytooney

Postby looneytooney » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:02 pm

I, too, am saddened to see this go. I've been reading since it was the TTTP in 2001 and I joined in December of 2006. Jon, you've created a forum that has been very dear to me where I could talk to fellow classic cartoon lovers.

Without this forum, I would've only been exposed to mostly just Disney, Warner Brothers and Fleischer. Now, ever since I've been reading over the years, I expanded my horizons.

I want to give a shoutout here to Matt Yorston, Steve Stanchfield, mickeyfender, Yowp, Thad, David Gerstein, Andrew Gilmore, Matt Hunter, Jerry Beck, Tom Stathes...there's so many to mention. Not just the people I mentioned here, but the rest of the members, all of you guys rock. :D

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Toonatic wrote:But you can't close down! I love these forums. Where am I going to find my DVD news I won't find anywhere else, info on what Steve Stanch is working on, all the great stuff? You don't know how sad this makes me. No words can describe how I'll miss this place and the friends I met here. RIP GAC Forums. :(

I wouldn't worry if I were you, Toonatic. :tweety:

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”