Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:34 pm

:( It's not the same!

I don't want this forum to be closed.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote::( It's not the same!

I don't want this forum to be closed.

That's how I once felt when PPG world forum closed down. I joined another ppg forum but it wasn't the same. Yet the world isn't going to end. There's always http://forum.bcdb.com/forum/gforum.cgi??
From what I know of, it was easy to join and folks were friendly.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Let's give one last shout out to our departed friend Earl Kress, aka Daws Butler Jr. He uncovered a lot of cool H-B stuff that no one else was able to.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Zartok-35

Postby Zartok-35 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 pm

So long folks, it's been fun.
I'm going to miss making breakdowns in the merry-go-round forum.
You've gotta change with the changes.
http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Glowworm wrote:That's how I once felt when PPG world forum closed down. I joined another ppg forum but it wasn't the same. Yet the world isn't going to end. There's always http://forum.bcdb.com/forum/gforum.cgi??
From what I know of, it was easy to join and folks were friendly.

BCDB isn't as friendly as it was now. :/

Der Captain

Postby Der Captain » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:04 pm

So what will I miss the most? The trading, the exchange of valuable info, the Ugly PD Contests, the GAC Holiday parties (I wrote my posts high on acid, but you already knew that), or just the fact that this is a community that's not only familiar with the Fox and Crow, but also Little Roquefort, Pooch the Pup and Monkey Doodle. Try mentioning them in the "real" world without getting some puzzled looks.

Oh, what the hell. Here's a book collection of my comic strips on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Cornelia-Collection-Mr-Kel-Crum/dp/1463763069/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319856516&sr=1-1

A tip of the topper to Jon Cooke and all the gang. It's been a fun ride. Adios!
"No buttons on der ding-busted pants!"

www.dangerousbird.com

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:09 pm

You know, it just hit me. What about the ToonZone forums? We could all go there (or you since I'm already a member there!).

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:18 pm

I don't think the ToonZone forums would be such a good idea.

A member once said that ToonZone's community doesn't give a crap about classic or quality animation, and the Big Cartoon Forum seems rather small and sleepy nowadays.

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:BCDB isn't as friendly as it was now. :/

ToonZone seems even worse. From what I saw, 75-80% of the members there don't give a crap about classic or "quality" cartoons.

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 pm

The BCDB forum has been on life support for years. If we all went there, we would have the most influence over the place. I think we should. It's where most of us began before toonzone and Beck's forum anyway. For a long time, that forum was the equivalent of this minus. I think it would be neat if we all went back and our discussions were still there! Most people hit the site itself up as a reference tool anyway. This was really just a spinoff. If we went back to the BCDB, it would be the equivalent of going back home. It may be more boring than life outside of the fence but it's home.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”