A Sad Day for the GAC, for it is being shut down

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:59 pm

I have not been to the BCDB in a while, but only because I have relied on my Droid for internet use until recently. I know the forums are there, but that's about all they are lol! Some of our best discussions were there though. That was the main forum at the time of the first LTGC, the Columbia House Woody Woodpecker set (which was a sham, but the biggest shams resulted in our greatest discussions and ability to lobby for better) and so much more.

LooneyTunerIan

An idea...

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Geezil wrote:As noted elsewhere, there's already a cluster of soon-to-be-expatriate GACers signed up at this site to get in the future's face, including yours truly:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

:D

I think you've given me an idea...

Can someone close this topic? I'm going to start a new one right away!

OriginalGagBonkers

Postby OriginalGagBonkers » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Crap. This was a good site while it lasted. If anyone has a youtube account, dont hesitate to send me a PM. Because thats where I am going to be when this site is down.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:09 am

Geezil wrote:As noted elsewhere, there's already a cluster of soon-to-be-expatriate GACers signed up at this site to get in the future's face, including yours truly:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

:D

Yes, this is the website I was talking about. OK, maybe there is potential for a new forum to be built at this new location; along the lines of what's already here... but I think it's going to take a long while to build up the current database. With regard to this new database; personally I fail to see the need to "re-invent the wheel", so to speak.

As I suggested before, the Big Cartoon Database has been around for a long time and, despite some inconsistencies, it continues to be a valuable resource for cartoon information. The Big Cartoon Forum has been around for a long while as well and I believe can be modified, as necessary, to help ensure its continued presence for (hopefully) many more years to come.

Yes, I will admit that I was spending more time over here than over there; but that's because there were many worthwhile discussions going on here. I never wavered in my devotion, however, to either the BCDB or the Big Cartoon Forum. I still visit there at least every other week to keep tabs on what's going on and alert the admins to any spam posts.

While I will concede that things have gotten a bit stale over there; I don't think that the site is "on life-support", as others here have stated. It is my hope that many GACers will come over to share their knowledge and opinions.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 am

zavkram wrote:Yes, this is the website I was talking about. OK, While I will concede that things have gotten a bit stale over there; I don't think that the site is "on life-support", as others here have stated. It is my hope that many GACers will come over to share their knowledge and opinions.

As I stated in the "Closing Down" thread, my own account (TimL1279) is still active there, despite, before last night, not being there for over 5 years and only making 7 posts between 2003-2005. TTTP/GAC came off of ToonZone in 2004..TTTP quickly made itself the "go to" place for animation conversation..I made some appearances at Animation Show Forums but never really stuck there. I sort of forgot about The Big Cartoon Forums after awhile..Basically, if you wanted to talk toons, this was the place to do it..

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”