OPERATION: Moving A-Thread (Please read, we don't have a lot of time!)

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:45 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Actually, I think my idea would sound better for a temporary GAC Forums. :)

We can make the same threads as the ones on this forum, but on a different forum. :)

It just has to work!

It just gotta!

Besides, Jon Cooke said there isn't going to be another forum ever again. We gotta save trhe stuff while they last!

Nothing "has to work" just because you say so
Jon said no such thing..Seriously..Take a chill pill..

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, let's hear what he has to say.

I wanna know what he truely meant from the texted words from the main man himself.

Kowalski

Postby Kowalski » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:35 am

DaffyDave wrote:Depending on the technology used here, aren't we talking about a mysql or SqlServer operation?

From what I understand, this forum is using vBulletin software and mysql database. So, theoretically it would be possible to migrate the whole forum to another server. All you need is to make a backup of the whole mysql database, and have vBulletin software installed on a Linux server, so with few tweaks the forum could be fully restored.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”