Cartoon Discussion of the Week (10/30/11) A Witch's Tangled Hare

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Glowworm

Cartoon Discussion of the Week (10/30/11) A Witch's Tangled Hare

Postby Glowworm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II2Hdy94a8o
Well, with the forum going and all, I thought I'd give out one last CDOTW--one fitting Halloween--although with all this snow perhaps I should have picked out a Christmas short. :p

Anyhow-- "A Witch's Tangled Hare" was actually directed by Abe Levitow--although for many years I mistakenly thought it was by Chuck Jones. To be honest, it's a rather easy mistake to make as Abe Levitow's style is quite similar to Jones.

The cartoon is rather good, although it pales next to earlier Hazel outings such as "Broomstick Bunny" and "Bewitched Bunny"--yet is far better than "A Haunting We Will Go"

I like Witch Hazel treating Bugs like a small kid in the beginning. I also like when Bugs does that crazy laugh diversion. My favorite part has always been the Romeo and Juliet scene--Witch Hazel actually looks pretty good in that getup. The ending is rather silly--but plays off nicely with Bugs giving out the punchline dramatically.

Anyhow, thanks for participating with my CDOTWs. I had fun doing it.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I was hoping you'd post the Annoying Orange Saw parody! That's Halloween-themed! :shame:

But yes, I've seen this short. I've always found the ending quite odd, but I suppose Bugs's last line makes sense. You are correct about how Abe and Chuck's style is quite similiar, for I ave thought the same thing, even with full knowledge of Abe's direction. Nice layout, as usual.
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:28 am

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I was hoping you'd post the Annoying Orange Saw parody! That's Halloween-themed! :shame:

But yes, I've seen this short. I've always found the ending quite odd, but I suppose Bugs's last line makes sense. You are correct about how Abe and Chuck's style is quite similiar, for I ave thought the same thing, even with full knowledge of Abe's direction. Nice layout, as usual.

Abe Levitow also directed a few Tom and Jerry shorts too, around the time Jones did.

PS.I did post some Annoying Orange in the madness thread--just for you.:D
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:30 am

Glowworm wrote:PS.I did post some Annoying Orange in the madness thread--just for you.:D

And I've responded. :D
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”