Make your own pick for the 50 greatest cartoons

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Nelson

Make your own pick for the 50 greatest cartoons

Postby Nelson » Mon May 29, 2006 2:16 pm

And now for something completly different.....

I figured on doing something differently and I came upon an idea that all of our members can make their very own picks, as what you would conisder to be ther 50 greatest cartoons ever made.I've seen historians make their very own picks, so let's have out own verison as well.Let's all submit our picks this Sunday, as there's no need to rush and it would be perfect to a good ol' debate.

So is everybody up for this?;)
Let's have some fun gang!
"I'm Salty McGuire The Gob, You'll Always Find Me On The Job" (Terrytoons) "Salt Water Taffy" (1930)

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Tue May 30, 2006 12:12 pm

I'll be working on mine, Nelson! Stay tuned. :dodo: :droopy: :donald: :andy: :magoo: :betty: :felix:
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

doctoon

Postby doctoon » Tue May 30, 2006 1:21 pm

I could only come up with twenty-five, so far. Mine are, from 25 to number one, the following:

Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor, Skyscraper Caper, Sugar and Spies, Paul Bunyan, Hockey Homicide,

Half-Baked Alaska
, Bunny and Claude, House of Tomorrow, Now Hear This, A Wild Hare, The Hole, Peace on Earth, Hashimoto-San, Gerald McBoing Boing, Norman Normal,

Geronimo & Son, Rugged Bear, A Dream Walking, Les Miserobots, Hawks and Doves, Hurts and Flowers, Duck Amuck, The Pink Phink, John Henry and the Inky-Poo, and finally Brotherhood of Man
"Baseball is my bag. It's not just a happening. It's my thing." Cool Cat

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Tue May 30, 2006 3:07 pm

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Tue May 30, 2006 6:13 pm

I personally think it would be fun to see what everyone's thoughts of what they would pick as the greatest 50 cartoons and I hope that all the members will submit their picks.:)
"I'm Salty McGuire The Gob, You'll Always Find Me On The Job" (Terrytoons) "Salt Water Taffy" (1930)

Walt Disney

Postby Walt Disney » Tue May 30, 2006 6:56 pm

That list was hilarious. No Disney cartoons mentioned! ha ha hee hee ha ha ho ha hee hee. You are a VERY funny person.

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Tue May 30, 2006 6:58 pm

Walt Disney wrote:That list was hilarious. No Disney cartoons mentioned! ha ha hee hee ha ha ho ha hee hee. You are a VERY funny person.

Yeah, I winced when I saw "Puppy Tale" listed there. Talk about a lame Tom and Jerry short.

Geezil

Edit: Not so fast there, Geezil!

Postby Geezil » Tue May 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Is there in fact a Terrytoon entitled "L' Amour the Merrier"? My usual reliable Web sources are a bit slower than usual tonight, but they've come up empty. :confused:
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Tue May 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Walt Disney wrote:That list was hilarious. No Disney cartoons mentioned! ha ha hee hee ha ha ho ha hee hee. You are a VERY funny person.

Well I can appreciate the fantastic animation there but a cartoon has to be funny to make my list. Dsiney cartoons are pretty but funny they are not!

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue May 30, 2006 10:18 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:Well I can appreciate the fantastic animation there but a cartoon has to be funny to make my list. Dsiney cartoons are pretty but funny they are not!

While I won't argue your view on Disney, I seriously hope you did not find anything funny about "The Little Match Girl".

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”