Wabbit Who Came to Supper - error

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Geezil

hmmmm...!

Postby Geezil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Marty26 wrote:There's also a small goof in Duck Amuck where, when Daffy meets himself in the next frame, you see him mumbling, "Down Here" with his lip movements totally out of sync.

Given everything else that happens in "Duck Amuck," leave us not be so certain that was accidental. ;)
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

Treadwell

Postby Treadwell » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Tom41 wrote:Often the 'bad' shot had to be left in, even if the person noticed!

Well, if they noticed, all they'd have to do is make a note of it and pass it along to the negative cutter. Winsor Mackay used to do that, except he'd make a note to himself (his own editor) by photographing the note right after the mistake! "Omit previous two frames", etc.

As long as we're pointing out camera errors, Bugs' head disappears for one or two frames as he says "is there a doctor in the house?" in HAIR-RAISING HARE.

Bug'sApprentice

Postby Bug'sApprentice » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:39 am

I haven't noticed those errors that would be noticable in those that I have seen. Besides, I can't find fault with these cartoons. The classics are superior to any others. I have a respect for them. Original humor. I'm not saying that your dis'n them though.
C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
"If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious."

Snafuperman!

Postby Snafuperman! » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:53 am

...seems to me there's a Fleischer Superman cartoon where the 'S' on his chest flips backwards for a split-second...

GeniusIntheLamp

Postby GeniusIntheLamp » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:10 pm

The one that always got my attention was from the Woody Woodpecker cartoon SMOKED HAMS, where Woody's pillow disappears for several frames while he's yawning.

Also, in HAIR-RAISING HARE, when Bugs tells Gossamer, "Out there in the audience", his lips aren't moving.
"I do the work of three woodpeckers around here, that's why I eat so much." :woody:

postamessage

Postby postamessage » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:11 pm

In Rabbit Hood for a couple of frames Bugs Bunny has an extra set of feet.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”