Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Marathon Schedule & Talkback Thread - 11/15/09

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:14 pm

hylatio wrote:Yeah, I think we should be thankful that Scaredy Cat was one of the only cartoons that was really tampered with (It's quite an odd cartoon with those cuts!)

I liked it- it was interesting seeing the old prints again. It's funny, I used to think nothing of the quality of them back when these were on regularly- but with the DVDs that have come since I really appreciate how good of a job they've done on the restorations. Here's hoping CN gets the restored versions someday.

(I wish I had seen more than half of this- can anyone explain what was wrong with the sound on Nasty Quacks? I didn't get to see it).

The audio of another cartoon was playing with it.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:16 pm

According to CN, this is happening all week beginning at 11 AM. Have they decided yet whether or not they'll finally bring Looney Tunes back to permanent rotation?
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Marty26 wrote:According to CN, this is happening all week beginning at 11 AM. Have they decided yet whether or not they'll finally bring Looney Tunes back to permanent rotation?

One week off next week for Thanksgiving specials, then returns the week after for at least the rest of the year.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Marty26 wrote:According to CN, this is happening all week beginning at 11 AM. Have they decided yet whether or not they'll finally bring Looney Tunes back to permanent rotation?

Here's the schedule for the rest of this week. I plan to post the schedules in sticky threads weekly.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:"Nasty Quacks" is airing over here now.

You know, just because it's easy to edit in your own music and sound effect, doesn't mean you should. Some programmers just have way too much free time.

What you are hearing, for whatever reason, is the music and effects track for the foreign language version playing at the same time as the original soundtrack. Thus, the results are a mess. The same thing happened with "Hop & Go" on LTGC, Vol. 6 (and, in the past, CN's showings of "Freudy Cat").

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:53 pm

My tally per TV package:

WB-owned color cartoon: 22
a.a.p.: 16
Sunset: 1 (as a comp-colorized version)

WB-owned color cartoons wins! a.a.p. had the lead early, but WB-owned color cartoons surged late in the marathon.

bj_wanlund

Postby bj_wanlund » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:26 am

Ya know, I have a feeling that they MAY bring back June Bugs... now THAT is a marathon!! :D

BJ

ThePeterNetwork

Postby ThePeterNetwork » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:20 am

Jon Cooke wrote:What you are hearing, for whatever reason, is the music and effects track for the foreign language version playing at the same time as the original soundtrack. Thus, the results are a mess. The same thing happened with "Hop & Go" on LTGC, Vol. 6 (and, in the past, CN's showings of "Freudy Cat").

Hop & Go had a different soundtrack? Will WHV offer a replacement disc for this?
:bugs1: Support your favorite Golden Age Cartoons by purchasing their respective DVDs. If they don't have DVDs, let the studio who currently holds the rights to them know you want to see them on DVD. They may not listen, but you can tell them anyway.:daffy:

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 am

Matthew Hunter wrote:Yep. Butchered! **** you, CN. That's all I have to say about THAT.

I know! I remember back when they regularly aired the LTs, before I had "Show Biz Bugs" on DVD, it was irritating how the only way I could see that ending gag was the lamer (IMO) counterpart in "Curtain Razor," and the variation at the end "The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie!" Even my mom, who knew how the cartoon ended, was surprised CN chopped it off!

Why not just edit out Daffy drinking the gasoline, like Nick and the other channels did? That would greatly decrease the likehood of kids wanting to imitate Daffy's stunt, that is, if they're dumb enough to do so :shame: Or did they not want to show Daffy getting killed? THAT would be dumb, as Tom and Sylvester and Yosemite Sam have all died before, and are "back again the very next week!" as Krusty the Klown has pointed out.

MikeBSG

Postby MikeBSG » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

I noticed that the cut the end of "Show Biz Bugs" and eliminated the "Al Jolson" rooster from "The Swooner Crooner,"

BUT

It was great to see these cartoons on TV again. I had a great time watching the marathon with my teenage children. It was terrific to see "Stage Door Cartoon" again.

Return to “What Aired Today?”