Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Schedule - Week of 11-16 - 11-20-09

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
Jon Cooke

Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Schedule - Week of 11-16 - 11-20-09

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 am

Looney Tunes: Monday - Friday at 11am on Cartoon Network:

Monday, 11-16:
Baseball Bugs
Gruesome Twosome
Corny Concerto
Baby Bottleneck
Baby Buggy Bunny
Beanstalk Bunny
Cat Feud

Tuesday, 11-17:
Book Revue
The Bashful Buzzard
Canary Row
Big House Bunny
Cheese Chasers
Daffy Doodles
Hare-way to the Stars

Wednesday, 11-18:
Bedevilled Rabbit
Birth of a Notion
Bone, Sweet Bone
Daffy Duck in Hollywood
Buckaroo Bugs
Catty Cornered

Thursday, 11-19:
Bewitched Bunny
Claws for Alarm
Bugs Bonnets
Daffy Duck Slept Here
Case of the Missing Hare
Dog Pounded
Design for Leaving

Friday, 11-20:
Big Snooze
Devil May Hare
Ducking the Devil
Gorilla My Dreams
Draftee Daffy
Falling Hare

---

Looney Tunes will be pre-empted the following week due to special Thanksgiving programming. However, we will see a little bit of the Looney Tunes.

Tuesday, 11-24: Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet (11am)

Thursday, 11-26: Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet (noon, 3:30pm)

In other classic cartoon news, there will also be an all-day Tom & Jerry marathon on Thanksgiving Day starting at 6:00am.

---

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 am

Right now, I can honestly say that Im real proud of Cartoon Network.

I mean marathons of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, plus more classic cartoons Pink Panther and Scooby-Doo? HUZZAH!!

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

I guess they've finally realized live-action Survivor and Beakman's World clones don't cut the mustard if you're called "Cartoon Network." Not to mention the fact that CN owes arguably all their success to the classic cartoons they used to regularly air when they were still an upstart network in 1992.
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

PF9

Postby PF9 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm

As with Sunday's marathon, keep an eye out for an a.a.p. print.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

The Silver Fox

Postby The Silver Fox » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:37 am

Marty26 wrote:I guess they've finally realized live-action Survivor and Beakman's World clones don't cut the mustard if you're called "Cartoon Network." Not to mention the fact that CN owes arguably all their success to the classic cartoons they used to regularly air when they were still an upstart network in 1992.

there were doing some poor clones and RIPoffs of other nextwork shows.

I mean a show that was a Poor ripoff of Mythbusters was not what CN needed to air, since Mythbusters is still runing and running succesfully on DIScover. I mean they did an exact recreation of the PopCorn segment show on MB aprox 5 to 8 months earlier.

I am just glad to see the good animation returning to CN and the poor stuff getting the boot or being retired for good (word is the repeats of Eds are set to end off CN when LT returns fully )
Also can anyone report what the sceduleas are for CN in Mountain and Pacific time zones, what feed there off of, I was in New Mexico, Santa Fe and the local Holiday Inn I stood at that had CN was running AS around 9 PM Mountain time but the Same AS starts in Colo around 11 Pm.

J. B. Warner

Postby J. B. Warner » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:58 am

Huh. I find it odd that it's almost entirely Bugs, Daffy, and Tweety cartoons. No Road Runners, no Pepes, no Foghorns, no one-shots, etc. Why do you suppose that is?
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 am

J. B. Warner wrote:Huh. I find it odd that it's almost entirely Bugs, Daffy, and Tweety cartoons. No Road Runners, no Pepes, no Foghorns, no one-shots, etc. Why do you suppose that is?

My reason is it's only the first week. So maybe it's just to get their feet wet. I mean some of kids today have seen Bugs, Daffy, and especially Tweety somewhere...so maybe CN is figuring that the kids will think "Hey! I've seen that character before...I think a t-shirt?" And then introduce them to "new" characters that they probably haven't met.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:Looney Tunes: Monday - Friday at 11am on Cartoon Network:

Monday, 11-16:
Baseball Bugs
Corny Concerto, A
Baby Buggy Bunny
Gruesome Twosome, A
Beanstalk Bunny
Baby Bottleneck

Tuesday, 11-17:
Bashful Buzzard
Hare-Way To The Stars
Cheese Chasers
Daffy Doodles
Big House Bunny
Book Revue

Wednesday, 11-18:
Bone, Sweet Bone
Birth of a Notion
Buckaroo Bugs
Catty Cornered
Bedevilled Rabbit
Daffy Duck in Hollywood

Thursday, 11-19:
Dog Pounded
Design for Leaving
Bugs Bonnets
Daffy Duck Slept Here
Case of the Missing Hare
Claws for Alarm

Friday, 11-20:
Ducking the Devil
Gorilla My Dreams
Draftee Daffy
Falling Hare
Devil May Hare
Big Snooze

Not bad at all, a nice mix of pre- and post-48s. As another poster commented, yes, the cartoons are mostly Bugs and Daffy shorts, but, ratings-wise, that makes the most sense. The cartoons haven't been aired regularly in years; it makes sense to rope kids in with characters they stand the most chance of being familiar with. I suspect Foggy, Pepe, etc., will make their debuts in coming weeks.

One of the things I'm most curious about is if CN has designed a new opening sequence for the show.

Actually, I don't have CN anymore, although I do have Boomerang. (To trim expenses, a few years back I opted to go with just the digital-tier channel lineup, and not splurge for the more expensive expanded-basic lineup. So, I get Boomerang, but no CN.) I wonder if, now that CN and Time Warner have apparently struck a deal for the shorts, they'll start airing on Boomerang as well.

Mike

rrfan3267

Postby rrfan3267 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:12 pm

They're also showing 3 Taz cartoons, which is half of all the cartoons he's appeared in! But that also fits in with what other people have been saying about the first week being about characters that kids today are more likely to be familiar with. I'm sure the rest of the characters will pop up in the coming weeks. The bottom line is, while I'd love to see some Road Runner and Speedy cartoons this week, I've been waiting 5 years for Looney Tunes to come back today. I'm not going to complain about anything, because they're finally back on TV and that's what matters most to me. :)
:beepbeep: :coyote::daffy: :sylvester :ysam: :ham::bugs2: :speedy: :lepew: :foggy: :marvin: :tweety: :befuddled

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:I am still figuring out how I want to do this. It's been so long since I posted one of these TV Highlights threads. CN's website schedule just went through a redesign which does not display all the contents of each LT show. I have pieced these together the best I can. It's unlikely the cartoons will air in this exact order and some days may be incomplete. However, it will give you an idea what to look forward to. I will update this thread as new information becomes available.

Looney Tunes: Monday - Friday at 11am on Cartoon Network:

Monday, 11-16:
Baseball Bugs - a.a.p.
Corny Concerto, A - a.a.p.
Gruesome Twosome, A - a.a.p.
Baby Bottleneck - a.a.p.
Baby Buggy Bunny - WB-owned color cartoon
Beanstalk Bunny - WB-owned color cartoon
Cat Feud - WB-owned color cartoon

Tuesday, 11-17:
Book Revue - a.a.p.
The Bashful Buzzard - a.a.p.
Canary Row - WB-owned color cartoon
Big House Bunny - WB-owned color cartoon
Cheese Chasers - WB-owned color cartoon
Daffy Doodles - a.a.p.
Hare-Way To The Stars - WB-owned color cartoon

Wednesday, 11-18:
Bone, Sweet Bone - a.a.p.
Birth of a Notion - a.a.p.
Buckaroo Bugs - a.a.p.
Catty Cornered - WB-owned color cartoon
Bedevilled Rabbit - WB-owned color cartoon
Daffy Duck in Hollywood - a.a.p.

Thursday, 11-19:
Dog Pounded - WB-owned color cartoon
Design for Leaving - WB-owned color cartoon
Bugs Bonnets - WB-owned color cartoon
Daffy Duck Slept Here - a.a.p.
Case of the Missing Hare - a.a.p.
Claws for Alarm - WB-owned color cartoon

Friday, 11-20:
Ducking the Devil - WB-owned color cartoon
Gorilla My Dreams - a.a.p.
Draftee Daffy - a.a.p.
Falling Hare - a.a.p.
Devil May Hare - WB-owned color cartoon
Big Snooze - a.a.p.

---

Looney Tunes will be pre-empted the following week due to special Thanksgiving programming. However, we will see a little bit of the Looney Tunes.

Tuesday, 11-24: Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet (11am)

Thursday, 11-26: Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet (noon, 3:30pm)

In other classic cartoon news, there will also be an all-day Tom & Jerry marathon on Thanksgiving Day starting at 6:00am.

---

I have followed each cartoon by what TV package it was in, yet again.

At least 17 cartoons this week will be from the a.a.p. package, and at least 13 from WB's own TV packages (all color).

As today showed us, there may be cartoons not on this list that end up airing anyway. And they may not air in the exact order as shown here.

And the cartoon most likely to bear the a.a.p. logo: Daffy Duck in Hollywood. That's how it aired on New Years Day.

My closing note for this post: most likely, the BR versions of Baby Bottleneck, Book Revue (Book Review), and Bone Sweet Bone will be airing. This is despite the fact that the original versions do exist (the former two on DVD, the latter on laserdisc).
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Return to “What Aired Today?”