Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings: 11/30 to 12/04

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 pm

oceansoul wrote:They seem to be obsessed with Tweety shorts.

Like I typed before, LT characters like Bugs, Tweety, etc. are probably the most recognizable characters the series has at this point. The viewers of CN had to have seen Bugs and/or Tweety somewhere in their life so far, probably most likely on a t-shirt.

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Someone is clearly programming this show to include the best and most recognizable cartoons. It's a nice mix of major and minor characters, and a good introduction to Looney Tunes for those who may not have seen them before. Nice to see Road Runner, Foghorn Leghorn and Pepe Le Pew on the list this week.

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:35 am

LooneyFan wrote:Like I typed before, LT characters like Bugs, Tweety, etc. are probably the most recognizable characters the series has at this point. The viewers of CN had to have seen Bugs and/or Tweety somewhere in their life so far, probably most likely on a t-shirt.

Most recognizable along with Marvin, Taz and Lola Bunny. IMHO this shouldn't be a factor in these LT compilations. But of course that's not really a problem, I'm very happy that CN DOES air these instead of some modern [email="cr@p"]cr@p[/email].
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:52 pm

November 30:
Easter Yeggs - a.a.p.
Birds Anonymous - WB-owned color cartoon
Haredevil Hare - a.a.p.
Bowery Bugs - WB-owned color cartoon
Boyhood Daze - WB-owned color cartoon
Fast And Furry-ous - WB-owned color cartoon

December 1:
Foxy by Proxy - WB-owned color cartoon
For Scentimental Reasons - WB-owned color cartoon
Buccaneer Bunny - a.a.p.
Drip Along Daffy - WB-owned color cartoon
Fowl Weather - WB-owned color cartoon
Don't Give Up the Sheep - WB-owned color cartoon

December 2:
The Impatient Patient - Sunset (computer-colorized most likely)
Hair-Raising Hare - a.a.p.
Honey-Mousers - WB-owned color cartoon
Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - WB-owned color cartoon
Hen House Henry - WB-owned color cartoon
Bunny Hugged - WB-owned color cartoon

December 3:
Home Tweet Home - WB-owned color cartoon
From A to Z-Z-Z-Z - WB-owned color cartoon
Bully for Bugs - WB-owned color cartoon
Hare Grows in Manhattan, A - a.a.p.
Jumpin Jupiter - WB-owned color cartoon
Much Ado About Nutting - WB-owned color cartoon

December 4:
I Taw A Putty Tat - a.a.p.
Often An Orphan - WB-owned color cartoon
Hop, Look And Listen - a.a.p.
Hare Conditioned - a.a.p.
Haredevil Hare - a.a.p.
The Old Grey Hare - a.a.p.

19 WB-owned color cartoons will air, the most of any TV package this week. 9 a.a.p.-owned cartoons will air (one of them twice), and the last will be from the Sunset Productions package - most likely as a computer-colorized version.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 pm

It will be interesting to see which version of "Impatient Patient" will air. I honestly only remember the computer-colorzied version airing as part of the Norm McCabe episode of Toonheads.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 am

Random notes for today - The special LT show bumpers are back today. Also, "Boyhood Daze" ran unedited.

Broadcast order:

Bowery Bugs
Birds Anonymous
Boyhood Daze
Easter Yeggs
Fast and Furry-ous
Haredevil Hare

rrfan3267

Postby rrfan3267 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:44 am

Buccaneer Bunny was untouched, but they did quite the hackjob on For Scent-imental Reasons. This was never my favorite Pepe cartoon to begin with, and with them removing the glass case/attempted suicide gag, there's virtually nothing left to the cartoon.
:beepbeep: :coyote::daffy: :sylvester :ysam: :ham::bugs2: :speedy: :lepew: :foggy: :marvin: :tweety: :befuddled

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am

rrfan3267 wrote:Buccaneer Bunny was untouched, but they did quite the hackjob on For Scent-imental Reasons. This was never my favorite Pepe cartoon to begin with, and with them removing the glass case/attempted suicide gag, there's virtually nothing left to the cartoon.

Oh my, how DARE they remove the best scene from that cartoon? :mad:

Anyway, out of curiousity, which PLP cartoon is your favourite?
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

rrfan3267

Postby rrfan3267 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 pm

My personal favorite has always been Touche and Go. But I really like Two Scents Worth and A Scent of the Matterhorn as well.:lepew:
:beepbeep: :coyote::daffy: :sylvester :ysam: :ham::bugs2: :speedy: :lepew: :foggy: :marvin: :tweety: :befuddled

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm

The Cat's Bah is my favorite Pepe short.

"If you're a camel, you soon learn to put up with anything."

I also like the one with the small dog dressed as a skunk. I always liked how out of all the classic Pepe shorts (not counting his debut "Odor-able Kitty", or the oddball Davis short "Odor of the Day"), this one is sgnificantly different both in plot formula, and ending.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Return to “What Aired Today?”