Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings: 11/30 to 12/04

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:23 pm

I wish they would keep the original end card for The Grey Hare; the joke isn't as funny with the dubbed end card.
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:20 pm

"Often an Orphan" looked better than I remember it being on CN in the old days. I think they got a better print. Sylvester's blackface gag in "I Taw A Putty Tat" is still gone (no surprise there.)

PF9

Postby PF9 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Mr. Semaj wrote:I wish they would keep the original end card for The Grey Hare; the joke isn't as funny with the dubbed end card.

Might as well just have replaced the end music as well

EDIT: Speaking of that cartoon, here's definite proof that some of the early releases to credit WB as producer were actually done under Schlesinger (I made a thread stating this earlier in the year): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GJ4GvNsomrU/RdfIOB4t_VI/AAAAAAAAAQA/aG2aAGtY5SU/s1600-h/Old+Gray+Hare-sm.jpg
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Return to “What Aired Today?”