Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings: 11/30 to 12/04

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
PF9

Postby PF9 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:26 pm

hylatio wrote:You mean they showed the redrawn version of The Impatient Patient? That's disappointing. CN used to show the computer-colorized version, if I can remember right.

IMO I think Warner Bros. needs to destroy all prints of the redrawn versions they can get their hands on.

For the comp-colorized version of TIP, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_sUj1il6W0

And if any other B&W toons owned by Time Warner get computer-colorized in the future, WB needs to similarly disown any redrawn versions out there (especially the Popeyes).
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:It may be a little early to bring this up, but it looks like we'll be seeing another all-day marathon of Looney Tunes on New Year's Day. :tweety:

Awesome!

Bristol

Ad on upper right

Postby Bristol » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

So far I am loving this on CN. I watch even though I have most toons on DVD. My first complaint is today. Must CN put that ad on the upper right complete with countdown? Please, give us fans a break.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Whoo, Jumpin' Jupiter ran un-time compressed!
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

rrfan3267

Postby rrfan3267 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Bristol wrote:So far I am loving this on CN. I watch even though I have most toons on DVD. My first complaint is today. Must CN put that ad on the upper right complete with countdown? Please, give us fans a break.

Oh brother. Give CN a break. It was a one-day countdown for some sort of special program airing tonight. It wasn't there yesterday and won't be there tomorrow. You could still see the cartoons just fine.
:beepbeep: :coyote::daffy: :sylvester :ysam: :ham::bugs2: :speedy: :lepew: :foggy: :marvin: :tweety: :befuddled

Bristol

Postby Bristol » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:00 pm

I hope you are correct and it won't be a trend in advertising. I found it annoying.

PF9

Postby PF9 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Orders for...

Yesterday:
Bunny Hugged - WB-owned color cartoon
Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - WB-owned color cartoon
Hen House Henry - WB-owned color cartoon
Hair-Raising Hare - a.a.p.
Honey-Mousers - WB-owned color cartoon
The Impatient Patient - Sunset (redrawn)

Today:
Bully for Bugs - WB-owned color cartoon
From A to Z-Z-Z-Z - WB-owned color cartoon
Home Tweet Home - WB-owned color cartoon
Hare Grows in Manhattan, A - a.a.p.
Jumpin Jupiter - WB-owned color cartoon
Much Ado About Nutting - WB-owned color cartoon
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:31 pm

I didn't get to watch today because of assorted errands. At least I got to see the awesome awfulness of TIP on Wednesday though!
:ysam:Open the bridge varmint, open it I say....

CLOSE IT CLOSE IT, CLOSE IT UP AGAIN....:ysam:

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 pm

In a seperate post,

I got to see what Monday-Thursday looks like, and lets say there is a TON of early 40s toons being brought into the limelight.
Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol cartoon from the late 70s/early 80s is also being drug out of the ground too!

Stay tuned for the thread tomorrow! THIS IS NOT ALL FOLKS!!!:ham:
:ysam:Open the bridge varmint, open it I say....

CLOSE IT CLOSE IT, CLOSE IT UP AGAIN....:ysam:

PF9

Postby PF9 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:12 pm

today's order

Hare Conditioned - a.a.p.
Hop, Look And Listen - a.a.p.
I Taw A Putty Tat - a.a.p.
Haredevil Hare - a.a.p.
Often An Orphan - WB-owned color cartoon
The Old Grey Hare - a.a.p.

Return to “What Aired Today?”