Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings - Week of 12-7 to 12-11-09

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm in Canada, so I really don't have any say on the matter when it comes to CN, but I truly think they couldn't have picked a better timeslot. The die-hard fans have their DVDs, but this is a way to show a brand new generation the LT's.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 pm

To clear up some confusion: "Porky and Daffy" isn't showing two days in a row. It is airing on Tuesday's show and "Porky in Wackyland" is airing on Wednesday's show. I have updated the first post in the thread.

AndrewGilmore

Postby AndrewGilmore » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 pm

So they're starting to show some one-shots. That's a good sign that they're expanding a little.

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 am

Hare Force and A Itch in Time start it off today. Both dubbed versions, and with Itch, suicide gag at end most likely cut out.
:ysam:Open the bridge varmint, open it I say....

CLOSE IT CLOSE IT, CLOSE IT UP AGAIN....:ysam:

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 am

Wow, Trap Happy Porky has the ******** gag!

[color="Purple"]*Moderator's Note: edited for content....[/color]

PF9

Postby PF9 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

On the dubbed version of "An Itch in Time", Elmer's shirt looks green, just like his predecessor Egghead.

It was originally blue.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

PF9

Postby PF9 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

today's order:

Hare Force - a.a.p.
Itch In Time, An - a.a.p.
Trap Happy Porky - a.a.p.
Hurdy Gurdy Hare - WB-owned color cartoon
Kitty Kornered - a.a.p.
Operation: Rabbit - WB-owned color cartoon
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Tomorrow's lineup looks to be really really good, especially since two of Daffy's best-ever cartoons are on the docket for tomorrow. One of those cartoon shows Arthur Q. Bryan in a double-VO, an underrated big guy at that!

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm

PF9 wrote:On the dubbed version of "An Itch in Time", Elmer's shirt looks green, just like his predecessor Egghead.

It was originally blue.

Elmer's coat appearing green in the dubbed version is the result of color tampering.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

PF9

Postby PF9 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:Elmer's coat appearing green in the dubbed version is the result of color tampering.

first comes the fading

Return to “What Aired Today?”