Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings - Week of 12-14 to 12-18-09

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
PF9

Postby PF9 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

today's order:
Rabbit Hood - WB-owned color cartoon
Robin Hood Daffy - WB-owned color cartoon
The Foghorn Leghorn - WB-owned color cartoon
Bedtime for Sniffles - a.a.p.
To Duck...or Not to Duck - a.a.p.
Tortoise Beats Hare - a.a.p.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

PF9

Postby PF9 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Today's order:
The Scarlet Pumpernickel - WB-owned color cartoon
The Hep Cat - a.a.p.
The Hypo-chorondi-cat - WB-owned color cartoon
The Hole Idea - WB-owned color cartoon
The Egg-Cited Rooster - WB-owned color cartoon
The Mouse that Jack Built - WB-owned color cartoon
Trap Happy Porky - a.a.p.

The print of "The Scarlet Pumpernickel" shown today looked pretty beat up.
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

HassanChop!

Postby HassanChop! » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 pm

PF9 wrote:The print of "The Scarlet Pumpernickel" shown today looked pretty beat up.

I thought that too. You'd think with all the crap this cartoon gets, they'd get a better print.

PF9

Postby PF9 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm

HassanChop! wrote:I thought that too. You'd think with all the crap this cartoon gets, they'd get a better print.

I pretty much pictured an a.a.p. intro in front of that print too, despite the fact that WB has always owned the cartoon.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Was Scarlet Pumpernickel edited?
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

HassanChop!

Postby HassanChop! » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:Was Scarlet Pumpernickel edited?

It was definately shorter than usual, but i cant remember what was left out.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Was the ending edited?

PF9

Postby PF9 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 pm

nickramer wrote:Was the ending edited?

Yes

PF9

Postby PF9 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

today's order:
A Wild Hare - a.a.p.
The Wabbit Who Came to Supper - a.a.p.
Tweetie Pie - a.a.p.
Zoom and Bored - WB-owned color cartoon
Baton Bunny - WB-owned color cartoon
Beanstalk Bunny - WB-owned color cartoon

all ex-a.a.p.'s were dubbed, and the WB-owned colors all looked pretty good (unlike yesterday's "a.a.p.-quality" Scarlet Pumpernickel").

cartoonfan4ever

Postby cartoonfan4ever » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:32 pm

In Beanstalk Bunny, the part when Elmer tries to use a cigarette to smoke out Bugs and Daffy was cut.

Return to “What Aired Today?”