Cartoon Network Looney Tunes Listings - Week of 12-14 to 12-18-09

This read-only board is an archive of posts which list the contents of classic cartoon compilation programs.
Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:52 am

Looks like Friday, Dec. 18's LT show is being pre-empted by Christmas specials.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09 am

SCHEDULE CHANGE: Dec. 21 and 22 are now also being pre-empted for Christmas specials.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:23 am

Thursday line-up include A Bird in a Bonnet. A Tweety cartoon. :tweety::sylvester

Bristol

Ratings?

Postby Bristol » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Does anyone know what the ratings have been for Looney tunes?

J. B. Warner

Postby J. B. Warner » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Bristol wrote:Does anyone know what the ratings have been for Looney tunes?

Given that they're only on when kids are at school, plus considering that this is Cartoon "Perpetually Dead Last Behind Nick and Disney" Network we're talking about here, I can't imagine them being all that great. Pre-empting the cartoons for the rest of the month doesn't seem like a very good sign, either.
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:29 pm

J. B. Warner wrote:Given that they're only on when kids are at school, plus considering that this is Cartoon "Perpetually Dead Last Behind Nick and Disney" Network we're talking about here, I can't imagine them being all that great. Pre-empting the cartoons for the rest of the month doesn't seem like a very good sign, either.

ALL of CN's daytime schedule is being pre-empted for Christmas specials during this time, it's not just Looney Tunes.

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:36 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:ALL of CN's daytime schedule is being pre-empted for Christmas specials during this time, it's not just Looney Tunes.

And why would they are Xmas specials after that day?
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:52 pm

PF9 wrote:And why would they are Xmas specials after that day?

They aren't showing Christmas specials after Dec. 25, but they are pre-empting their entire normal daytime schedule during this time for movies and special programming (like they did around Thanksgiving).

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Teletoon Canada did the same and they pre-empted the daytime schedule for 6 days (December 19 - 24 is various specials and december 25th is for the third year, a Secret World of Santa Claus marathon.)

And like it's not enough, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer special will be airing back-to-back during Christmas Day on YTV. :eek:

PF9

Postby PF9 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:They aren't showing Christmas specials after Dec. 25, but they are pre-empting their entire normal daytime schedule during this time for movies and special programming (like they did around Thanksgiving).

oh thanks for the heads up
"Let's bury the hatch-, I say let's bury the hatchet, but not in our cartoons boy!"

~ - Foghorn Leghorn on cartoon censorship, from "Crowing Pains" (original line altered) ~

In other words, air the LT cartoons as they were originally released. I appreciate being able to watch them on TV again, but eventually CN needs to stop censoring them.

Return to “What Aired Today?”