Tom & Jerry: The Chuck Jones Collection, June 23

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
MikeBSG

Postby MikeBSG » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for the titles, Matt.

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Here's the back cover:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom-Jerry-Chuck-Jones-Collection/11478

Is it me, or does Tom just looks like himself on the front and cover (not drawn in a Chuck Jones style)?

Minimax

Postby Minimax » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:08 am

I've been looking forward for a set with these cartoons. In my opinion, anything by Chuck Jones is worth the money and time, even if it perhaps isn't the peak of his career. Will definitly pre-order this.

bj_wanlund

Postby bj_wanlund » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 am

I actually MUCH prefer these to the godawful Deitch cartoons, only ONE of which I'd EVER buy in a set (and that one would be The Tom & Jerry Cartoon Kit).

TOTALLY looking to pick these up.

BJ

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 am

Though I love Chuck Jones's work, I have to admit his T&Js weren't as good as the classic ones by MGM/H-B. Sure, they're a tad better than some of the good Gene Deitch T&J shorts, but still not as great.

The question is, how will Warner Home Video try to release the Gene Deitch T&J cartoons on video? Because for all I know, I'm sure many people would say the following line after seeing a Gene Deitch T&J short...

"WHAT THE H**L WAS THAT?!"
:D

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:46 pm

wiley207 wrote:The question is, how will Warner Home Video try to release the Gene Deitch T&J cartoons on video? Because for all I know, I'm sure many people would say the following line after seeing a Gene Deitch T&J short...

"WHAT THE H**L WAS THAT?!"
:D

I wouldn't need to watch the whole cartoon to say that!!! :p

Lee Glover

Postby Lee Glover » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 am

:fox: Watch out for a crow wearing a derby! :fox:

This Blog's A Load Of CARTOONS! - Update: TV Comic - Six Of The Best: Christmas Cartoons :bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:ysam::tomcat: :jerry::bbear:

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:45 pm

bj_wanlund wrote:I actually MUCH prefer these to the godawful Deitch cartoons, only ONE of which I'd EVER buy in a set (and that one would be The Tom & Jerry Cartoon Kit).

FWIW, "The Tom and Jerry Cartoon Kit" (indeed alone among the Deitch T&Js, up to now) is available on this earlier single DVD. :tomcat::jerry:
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 am

Geezil wrote:FWIW, "The Tom and Jerry Cartoon Kit" (indeed alone among the Deitch T&Js, up to now) is available on this earlier single DVD. :tomcat::jerry:

If that DVD has Gene Deitch, why can't there be a collection of 'em all?

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:43 pm

quack-up wrote:If that DVD has Gene Deitch, why can't there be a collection of 'em all?

I doubt a collection with all of Deitch's Tom and Jerry shorts would sell very well and I'm not sure if even Warner Home Entertainment would risk that gamble.

However, I have the feeling the whole series might be avaliable some time soon at the Warner Archive site.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”