Super Stars second wave titles "leaked"

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Greg Method

Super Stars second wave titles "leaked"

Postby Greg Method » Tue May 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Here's something fun and strange all at the same time. I was on Warner Home Video's press site checking to see if any back cover art was added yet to their listings for the Bugs and Daffy DVDs. Anyway, the search field on their home page has an autocomplete feature, so if one was to type, for example, "looney tunes super," then the "Super Stars" titles will appear below to suggest what you're typing.

Well, imagine my surprise when two additional titles were shown! They will only appear if you try to search right after logging in, so I don't know if this was a mere glitch, if they were prematurely added, or what. Who knows, this could change or be removed tomorrow.

Anyway, at the moment, the next volumes are going to be "Foghorn Leghorn & Friends" and "Tweety & Sylvester." No other information is available...no street date, no cover art, nothing.

So if anything, this confirms that Foggy will be getting a DVD in this next assortment, that the series is in fact continuing, and that they seemingly have found a way to work with the post-1953 limitations.

(now watching how long it takes before TVShowTrollingWhyAren'tTheytheOnesFindingThisStuffOutThemselves.com reports this as one of their "scoops")
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

I remember that Jerry said that this second wave titles would be in out in November or something similar.

I personally hope if Warner will maintenance no extra feature policy for the super star series then I hope they will include more shorts instead in the main feature. All restored of course. Maybe 20 shorts per disc insteed of current 15 in mainfeatures as this of this time of writing.

For the future waves (years) I would like see them not limited themselfs to 4 disc per year although 4 disc this year is good start if they have room to do more than 4 disc per year based on when they released LTGC 60 shorts in year of 2007 and LTGC 75 in 2008 Popeye in 2007 (60 shorts) and 2008 (62 shorts) based on this I could see them do some 120 cartoons per year until everything in terms of LT/MM is out. Given of course if all the same pepole worked on the Popeye sets and the LTGC sets.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Tue May 04, 2010 8:06 pm

If the titles be true--the Foghorn DVD sounds great. It's about damn time.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm

I think most of Tweety and Sylvester's pre-1953 shorts have been put out on DVD already. If they're not averse to un-PC shorts, hopefully Tom Tom Tomcat will make the cut.

Not wanting to get into confrontations with certain members over the whole 1953 thing, that's all I'll say here.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Obviously this is extremely preliminary info, but if it holds true, good to hear. I'm up for some Foghorn & S&T.

Greg Method wrote:(now watching how long it takes before TVShowTrollingWhyAren'tTheytheOnesFindingThisStuffOutThemselves.com reports this as one of their "scoops")
...Why the out-of-nowhere slam on that site?

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Tue May 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Speedy Boris wrote:
...Why the out-of-nowhere slam on that site?

At least that site credits their sources.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Glowworm wrote:If the titles be true--the Foghorn DVD sounds great. It's about damn time.

Yeah, it sounds like a good plan to mix non-Foghorn cartoons on the set as I doubt they are enough of his cartoons from the limited palette they have to fill the whole disc.

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 pm

As far as what could be on the T&S DVD, the following is a list of all of the Sylvester shorts not yet released and were not included in the main "remastered and restored" roster on a "Golden Collection" volume.

I broke up the list into pre- and post-1953 for the sake of argument. I don't know offhand if all of the 1953 shorts were in fact framed for widescreen, but I made the division to be realistic.

If I'm missing a short of have one erroneously included, feel free to correct me.

Life with Feathers
Peck Up Your Troubles
Doggone Cats
Catch as Cats Can
I Taw a Putty Tat
Hop, Look and Listen
Mouse Mazurka
Hippety Hopper
Home Tweet Home
Stooge for a Mouse
Pop 'Im Pop!
Who's Kitten Who
Hoppy Go Lucky
Tree for Two

1953-on:
A Mouse Divided
Fowl Weather
Tom Tom Tomcat
A Street Cat Named Sylvester
Catty Cornered
Cats A-Weigh
Dog Pounded
Bell Hoppy
Dr. Jerkyl's Hyde
Muzzle Tough
Lighthouse Mouse
Sandy Claws
Tweety's Circus
A Kiddie's Kitty
Pappy's Puppy
Too Hop to Handle
Tweet and Sour
Tree Cornered Tweety
Tugboat Granny
Slap-Hoppy Mouse
Tweet Zoo
Greedy for Tweety
Mouse-Taken Identity
A Pizza Tweety Pie
A Bird in a Bonnet
Trick or Tweet
Tweet and Lovely
The Cat's Paw
Tweet Dreams
Hyde and Go Tweet
Trip for Tat
Hoppy Daze
Birds of a Father
D'Fightin' Ones
Rebel Without Claws
Fish and Slips
The Jet Cage
Mexican Cat Dance
Claws in the Lease
Freudy Cat
Hawaiian Aye Aye
The Road to Andalay
It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around the House
Cats and Bruises
A Taste of Catnip
Father of the Bird
Museum Scream

And the only solo Tweety short not yet released is "Birdy and the Beast."

Speedy Boris wrote:...Why the out-of-nowhere slam on that site?

I've had my issues with that site for quite some time. To me, it's never out of nowhere to slam them.
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 am

Put a little copyright © logo under your post and when they "scoop" the story, claim copyright infringement and tell them to take the post down. They do it all the time to others.
Watch my award-winning short Punching Hitler!

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 am

Greg Method wrote:
Life with Feathers
Peck Up Your Troubles
Doggone Cats
Catch as Cats Can
I Taw a Putty Tat
Hop, Look and Listen
Mouse Mazurka
Hippety Hopper
Home Tweet Home
Who's Kitten Who
Hoppy Go Lucky
Tree for Two

Hippety Hopper was on Vol. 6 in the bonus feature section. And also, you misses Pop 'im, Pop and Stooge for a Mouse.
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”