Super Stars second wave titles "leaked"

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 am

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:Quality of Disney shorts drooped conisderably when Iwerks left Disney.

I beg to differ. Heck, other than "The Skeleton Dance" and "Hell's Bell", I can't think of any other Silly Symphonies cartoons I like that Ub did. The series got better when they started telling stories.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 am

nickramer wrote:I beg to differ. Heck, other than "The Skeleton Dance" and "Hell's Bell", I can't think of any other Silly Symphonies cartoons I like that Ub did. The series got better when they started telling stories.

Relax, my state meant was meant to sound dumb, as I feel you can never say studio overall works drop in quality with one man leaving, For me Walt always kept his vision thus I cant see drop in quality of Disney works until he (Walt) died (at least). Walt as I see it seems to me when he went into the direction of more and more features, I think it was wise move on his part to drop cost on the making short and also drooping number of shorts made, other wise he would have ended up with something similar as:speedy::daffy: shorts and that would have been a scandal,:shame: based on the quality that you see in almost every Disney shorts.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue May 18, 2010 11:26 am

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:Relax, my state meant was meant to sound dumb, as I feel you can never say studio overall works drop in quality with one man leaving, For me Walt always kept his vision thus I cant see drop in quality of Disney works until he (Walt) died (at least). Walt as I see it seems to me when he went into the direction of more and more features, I think it was wise move on his part to drop cost on the making short and also drooping number of shorts made, other wise he would have ended up with something similar as:speedy::daffy: shorts and that would have been a scandal,:shame: based on the quality that you see in almost every Disney shorts.

Okay, I get it. Sorry. I just like these shorts (and features) and they were the reason why I got intrested in animation in the first place.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 am

nickramer wrote:Okay, I get it. Sorry. I just like these shorts (and features) and they were the reason why I got intrested in animation in the first place.

No worries, :) but I can agree maybe I should have been little clearer in my original Ub Iwerks statement. On The Skeleton Dance I can agree it is one of UB's best but there shorts like the Donald one form Disney that had nothing to do with UB that have never failed to entertain me.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 am

And two more titles were added yesterday: "Sylvester & Friends" and "Daffy Duck." These are apart from the "Tweety & Sylvester" and "Frustrated Fowl" titles.

At this point I really don't know what this all means. I can't imagine WHV would just arbitrarily add nonexistent titles to their search engine on the off-chance someone would randomly look them up. Maybe they have the next few waves already mapped out? I dunno.
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Wed May 26, 2010 10:37 am

Greg Method wrote:And two more titles were added yesterday: "Sylvester & Friends" and "Daffy Duck." These are apart from the "Tweety & Sylvester" and "Frustrated Fowl" titles.

At this point I really don't know what this all means. I can't imagine WHV would just arbitrarily add nonexistent titles to their search engine on the off-chance someone would randomly look them up. Maybe they have the next few waves already mapped out? I dunno.
For those curious, here's what's left for Daffy, in terms of unrestored shorts on DVD:

-Porky's Duck Hunt
-Porky & Daffy
-Scalp Trouble
-Porky's Last Stand
-A Coy Decoy
-The Henpecked Duck
-The Daffy Duckaroo
-The Impatient Patient
-Daffy's Southern Exposure
-Tom Turk and Daffy
-Slightly Daffy
-Ain't That Ducky
-Daffy Doodles
-Along Came Daffy
-What Makes Daffy Duck?
-Riff Raffy Daffy
-Holiday For Drumsticks
-His Bitter Half
-Thumb Fun
-Cracked Quack
-Fool Coverage

[1953 and after cut-off]
-Muscle Tussle
-Quack Shot
-Beanstalk Bunny (also could be part of another Bugs set)
-The High and the Flighty (also could be part of a Foghorn set)
-Boston Quackie
-Don't Axe Me
-China Jones
-Good Noose
-Quackodile Tears
-Fast Buck Duck
-Aqua Duck
-Corn on the Cop
-Tease For Two
+ 23 Daffy/Speedy shorts (jeez... are there really THAT many?)
+ Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers
+ Attack of the Drones

Not sure what the Tweety-less Sylvester set could mean, though. The "& Friends" suggests that he may be sharing the set with other characters, sorta like how the 3rd disc on GC Vol. 2 had other cartoons than S&T. There aren't quite enough Hippety Hopper shorts to make a full set, so that theory holds even more water.

EDIT: So just to recap, here's what things look like:
-Bugs Bunny: Hare Extraordinaire [Confirmed: 8/10/10 release]
-Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl [Confirmed: 8/10/10 release]
-Foghorn Leghorn & Friends [tentative]
-Tweety & Sylvester [tentative]
-Bugs Bunny: Wascally Rabbit [tentative]
-Daffy Duck second set [tentative]
-Sylvester & Friends [tentative]

If we are indeed getting two more sets before the end of 2010, three of those unconfirmed titles above will probably be for 2011.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Wed May 26, 2010 11:27 am

Speedy Boris wrote:
EDIT: So just to recap, here's what things look like:
-Bugs Bunny: Hare Extraordinaire [Confirmed: 8/10/10 release]
-Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl [Confirmed: 8/10/10 release]
-Foghorn Leghorn & Friends [tentative]
-Tweety & Sylvester [tentative]
-Daffy Duck second set [tentative]
-Sylvester & Friends [tentative]

If we are indeed getting two more sets before the end of 2010, two of those unconfirmed titles above will probably be for 2011.

I think there was also a "Bugs Bunny: Wascally Wabbit" title "leaked" as well.

Looks like over the course of two years we could be getting two Bugs Bunny sets, two Daffy sets, and two Sylvester sets. I am excited about the "Sylvester and Friends" release (Sylvester FINALLY gets a non-public domain release without sharing the title with Tweety!). I hope it has plenty of Sylvester Jr and Hippety Hopper shorts, and maybe Road to Andalay (the only Speedy cartoon left that doesn't co-star Daffy Duck). All of Sylvester's pairings with Porky and Elmer have been released already.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Road Runner release next year.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Wed May 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Hope Jerry Beck has something to do with this. But we will not know until next time he is on Stu Show.

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Wed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm

speedy fast wrote:Road to Andalay (the only Speedy cartoon left that doesn't co-star Daffy Duck).

"Mexican Cat Dance" and "Cats and Bruises," as well

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Thought I would bump this topic up to mention that a new "leaked" title has been added to WHV's search engine.

"Looney Tunes Super Stars: Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote"
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”