Holy Smokes - More R&B? Bullwinkle Season 4

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Bradskey

Holy Smokes - More R&B? Bullwinkle Season 4

Postby Bradskey » Fri May 07, 2010 6:20 pm

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bullwinkle-Season-4/13733

Don't have much faith (at all) in Classic Media, but this is one of the few series they didn't royally screw up when they did release it.

Studio Toledo

Postby Studio Toledo » Fri May 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Bradskey wrote:http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bullwinkle-Season-4/13733

Don't have much faith (at all) in Classic Media, but this is one of the few series they didn't royally screw up when they did release it.

At least something's happening.
- Christopher M. Sobieniak

"Listen, I don't want to interrupt your story, but is this a joke you're gonna tell me about a minority group, and after you tell it we're all gonna laugh and feel superior?"
(from "Norman Normal," 1968)

Welcome to the P.B.S.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri May 07, 2010 6:48 pm

It's about damned time. I've been waiting for Season 4 to be released--I really wanted to see those last 13 or so Fractured Fairy Tales, and remaining Dudley Do Rights and Peabody and Shermans.
That's why I never touched "THe best of Rocky and Bullwinkle" because it's just not a show without all those extras.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri May 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Does this mean I'll get "The Banana Formula" finally?

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri May 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Intresting, Classic Media seems to have the heart at right place when it comes to releasing the old material but they have that bad habit of quickly produce the sets i.e finding the easyest prints able. ala that Harveytoons set. Maybe some on should sent them a post and tell them to contact Jerry Beck and check if they are intrested in makeing more complete set of Harveytoons than we actually got back in 2006. But the news of the Bullwinke though are intresting, I will keep eye on that one for sure.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

dandu

Postby dandu » Fri May 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I am glad these sets are being made, all it needs now are the original titles and cereal plugs... I am a Bullwinkle fan, maybe not a big fan but watching them is a lot of fun.

TheBlueHombre

Postby TheBlueHombre » Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 pm

August is now going to be a spendy month for DVD's. However, between the Looney Tunes discs and the Bullwinkle set, this is all that's going on right now for classic cartoon releases.

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Sat May 08, 2010 12:01 am

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:Intresting, Classic Media seems to have the heart at right place when it comes to releasing the old material but they have that bad habit of quickly produce the sets i.e finding the easyest prints able. ala that Harveytoons set. Maybe some on should sent them a post and tell them to contact Jerry Beck and check if they are intrested in makeing more complete set of Harveytoons than we actually got back in 2006. But the news of the Bullwinke though are intresting, I will keep eye on that one for sure.

The guy they need to talk to is Keith Scott, who wrote THE book on Jay Ward and co: "The Moose That Roared". He also voices Bullwinkle in modern productions and is pretty much the go-to expert on the series.

Bradskey

Postby Bradskey » Sat May 08, 2010 12:23 am

Don't want to get carried away or anything, but I remember hearing over a year ago how Entertainment Rights was bought/taken over by the original founders of Classic Media and some were hopeful they would improve things. Nothing has happened so far, but now we finally hear about this release. Perhaps its a sign of things to come, like a season 5 Bullwinkle release, and, dare I think it, a real Underdog and/or Tennessee Tuxedo release? Okay never mind, that's crazy talk :shame:

MF TOON

Postby MF TOON » Sat May 08, 2010 6:35 am

Finally!!!! I hope Season 5 follows soon after, that was always one of my faves with the Pottsylvania Creeper, Lou's on 92nd Street and Wossamotta U storylines! Does this officially render those single disc character releases by Sony Wonder useless now?

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”