Holy Smokes - More R&B? Bullwinkle Season 4

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
User avatar
MF TOON
Junior Member
Posts: 1798
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Postby MF TOON » Sat May 08, 2010 6:36 am

I should also add that this was the greatest thing ever produced for television.

User avatar
Glowworm
Junior Member
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: In a box

Postby Glowworm » Sat May 08, 2010 10:13 am

MF TOON wrote:I should also add that this was the greatest thing ever produced for television.

I heartilly agree. This was probably the first cartoon I really got into as a child. I watched tons of stuff on Nickelodeon but the last thing I watched every night before bed was Rocky and Bullwinkle.:D
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

User avatar
samtheq
Junior Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Southern USA

Postby samtheq » Sat May 08, 2010 11:05 am

Bradskey wrote:http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bullwinkle-Season-4/13733

Don't have much faith (at all) in Classic Media, but this is one of the few series they didn't royally screw up when they did release it.



I like the summary in the italics section saying "Boris and Natasha, commanded by Mr. Bigs". Can Mr. Wedge be far behind?
Dumb Star Wars joke, but in all seriousness, I have 16mm transfers of all of these, but I won't hesitate to buy another season!

brant
"Wot the HECK??! Makes a guy SORE!!!"
--Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent

User avatar
tristar
Junior Member
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Canada

Postby tristar » Sat May 08, 2010 5:14 pm

I only own season 1, but seeing that Classic Media is continuing with the release, I might get seasons 2 and 3 to get this.

I just hope it's unedited this time, because it would be pretty jarring without the "flashing lights" opener.

User avatar
FleischerFan
Junior Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Cape Coral, Florida

Postby FleischerFan » Sun May 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Just some basic information:

According to the press-release, this set will feature 19 episodes. Now, based on what was already released on the first 3 sets, there are the following number of episodes that have not been featured on the box sets:

Rocky & Bullwinkle - 52 episodes or 104 segments (at 2 segments per ep)
Fractured Fairy Tales - 17 episodes
Peabody & Sherman - 17 episodes
Dudley Do-Right - 5 episodes
Aesop & Son - 5 episodes

Now, when you take into account the "Best of Sets" that have been released on DVD in addition to the "full season" box sets, then the numbers shift a little. These are the number of segments that havenever been released on any authorized DVD:

Rocky & Bullwinkle - 29 episodes or 58 segments
Fractured Fairy Tales - 17 episodes
Peabody & Sherman - 13 episodes
Dudley Do-Right - 4 episodes
Aesop & Son - 5 episodes

Obviously, this new set will not complete the Rocky & Bullwinkle catalog, so let the speculation begin!

User avatar
Jon Cooke
Junior Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:00 am

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun May 09, 2010 8:07 pm

FleischerFan wrote:Just some basic information:

According to the press-release, this set will feature 19 episodes. Now, based on what was already released on the first 3 sets, there are the following number of episodes that have not been featured on the box sets:

Rocky & Bullwinkle - 52 episodes or 104 segments (at 2 segments per ep)
Fractured Fairy Tales - 17 episodes
Peabody & Sherman - 17 episodes
Dudley Do-Right - 5 episodes
Aesop & Son - 5 episodes

Now, when you take into account the "Best of Sets" that have been released on DVD in addition to the "full season" box sets, then the numbers shift a little. These are the number of segments that havenever been released on any authorized DVD:

Rocky & Bullwinkle - 29 episodes or 58 segments
Fractured Fairy Tales - 17 episodes
Peabody & Sherman - 13 episodes
Dudley Do-Right - 4 episodes
Aesop & Son - 5 episodes

Obviously, this new set will not complete the Rocky & Bullwinkle catalog, so let the speculation begin!


A "Season Four" R&B set should contain the following R&B storylines: Painting Theft, The Guns of Albalone, Treasure of Monte Zoom, Goof Gas Attack, and Banana Formula. As for the supporting segments, I guess that depends on how they were configured for the "Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends" foreign syndication package Classic Media has been using as the source for these DVDs.

Looking forward to this... I had just about given up hope on future R&B season sets!

User avatar
Jon Cooke
Junior Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:00 am

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun May 09, 2010 8:10 pm

tristar wrote:I only own season 1, but seeing that Classic Media is continuing with the release, I might get seasons 2 and 3 to get this.


Go for it. They are pretty cheap on Amazon. Last time I checked, Season 2 was $14.99 which is a steal since that set contains 52 half-hour episodes!

User avatar
Leviathan
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Fear Fortress, Saragossa
Contact:

Postby Leviathan » Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:Go for it. They are pretty cheap on Amazon. Last time I checked, Season 2 was $14.99 which is a steal since that set contains 52 half-hour episodes!


That reminds me... IIRC The old Bullwinkle DVD's went OOP when Sony Wonder lost the Classic Media license. Now that Vivendi seems to be picking up where they left off, will they reissue them?
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

User avatar
Bradskey
Junior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:07 am
Location: Texas

Postby Bradskey » Sun May 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Leviathan wrote:That reminds me... IIRC The old Bullwinkle DVD's went OOP when Sony Wonder lost the Classic Media license. Now that Vivendi seems to be picking up where they left off, will they reissue them?


They may not be common on shelves, but I never heard about them going OOP. Perhaps it's just old stock, but they remain widely available at Amazon and other etailers at bargain prices (considering these are 4-disc sets).

User avatar
dandu
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby dandu » Mon May 10, 2010 10:11 am

Jon Cooke wrote:A "Season Four" R&B set should contain the following R&B storylines: Painting Theft, The Guns of Albalone, Treasure of Monte Zoom, Goof Gas Attack, and Banana Formula. As for the supporting segments, I guess that depends on how they were configured for the "Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends" foreign syndication package Classic Media has been using as the source for these DVDs.

Looking forward to this... I had just about given up hope on future R&B season sets!


The Treasure Of Monte Zoom was the first Bullwinkle I ever watched! It was on those crappy but collectible Buena Vista cassettes, back then I had no idea that the episodes were butchered to death until I watched them on Cartoon Network a few years later.


Return to “GAC News and Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests