Holy Smokes - More R&B? Bullwinkle Season 4

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun May 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Now available for pre-order on Amazon for $13.99. No cover art yet.

Daffyfan2004

Postby Daffyfan2004 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm

That's cool, Jon. Makes me wish I had a credit card. Lol. Oh, well. Maybe Santa will bring it to me. :D

Also, FliescherFan, thanks for the info on the 'Pull the rabbit out of the hat' gag. I thought that was 'A Rocky Show' invention, again because of the intro to Peabody and Rocky's early appearance. Though some sources do credit 'The Bullwinkle Show' for originating that. Oh, well. Nobody's perfect.
Kim Possible: You may not rap, Wade, but you definitely rock!
----------------------------------------------
Ron: Wade, if this supergenius thing doesn't work out for you, you'd make a bon-diggity travel agent.
Wade: Nah, I'd have to leave my room.
-------------------------------------------
:befuddled Oooooh, this diwectow is starting to wub me the wong way!

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 pm

FleischerFan wrote:The way the "shows" are presented on these DVDs actually don't bear much similarity to the way each of the half-hours unfolded on broadcast television back in the day.

While the R&B elements may be in their original broadcast order, most of the other features are not.

I think all of the segments are in order, even if it's not the way the episodes were originally presented. I'd have to compare the DVD order with the episode guides in The Moose That Roared, but I think the order does match. It may be hard, though, to figure out if the order for the short in-between segments (though they are listed in the book, I forget how but different from the longer segments). But I'm pretty sure that for season 1 the episodes were as aired (with the exception of including the second season opening and closing, alternate music, and alternate title cards) until Dudley Do-Right, Aesop and Son, and Mr. Know-It-All start appearing on the set.

If the first three sets were to be rereleased, I wonder if they'd be dual-disc sets like this upcoming one, or if they will be like the existing releases. Season Two was a four-disc set of dual-layered discs.

dandu

Postby dandu » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 pm

From watching Jet Feul Formula, the order does seem correct, yet I have a few discrepancies, I believe the Fisherman's Wishes should have been one of the first Fractured Fairy Tales judging by it's primitive artwork with the characters being single colored, just like in the very first episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle, instead it is in the middle of Jet Fuel Formula storyline, which by that time the artwork had improved immensely.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Here's the cover art from season 4 of Rocky & Bullwinkle Show!

dandu

Postby dandu » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Rocky looks a bit ugly, otherwise pretty standard for the DVD sets. I wish the DVD sets were re-released but with the correct music and running order. This is getting ridiculous.

The G Man

Postby The G Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm

It was released today ... did anyone buy/watch it yet?

HeadIntoSound

Postby HeadIntoSound » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I went to Best Buy today to get the new Iron Maiden, and while I was there, I decided to look for this set as well as the Bugs and Daffy releases. I couldn't find any of the DVDs there. I'll check elsewhere for R&B later, but after Thad's recent post, I can wait to get the new Looney Tunes disc.

The G Man

Postby The G Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm

speedy fast wrote:Season Two was a four-disc set of dual-layered discs.
I think you mean double-sided.

There's a difference: dual-layered discs can fit up to 8.5 GB on one side, while double-sided discs have a playing surface on both sides.

That said, I wonder what kind of discs there are in Season 4 ...

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

I picked mine up at Barnes and Noble on Wednesday. Didn't watch it yet--but will shortly.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”