Cover Art and Some More Info for Essential Bugs Bunny

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!

L00nE2n

Postby L00nE2n » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Cool! I'm guessing it'll be released around the same time as the new Looney Tunes Show.
Th-th-th-th-th-tha-that's all, Folks!

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:49 pm

At first I thought they were saying that the new documentary was 210 minutes, and I thought, "DAAAAAMN! That's a LONG documentary for Bugs Bunny", until I realized that's actually the run time of the entire DVD. :shame:

Whoo! Finally, the uncut "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers"! Thank God, because the edited version suuuuuuuuucks.

Also hoping for the uncut "Hare-um Scare-um".
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Poster is here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/301749/whv-announcement-the-essential-bugs-bunny

Looks like Baseball Bugs and Rabbit of Seville, at least.

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Uh-oh, I thought there was supposed to be no double-dipping, unless it was something like Spotlight Collection Vol. 7, which was 100% previously released content. Although it wasn't clear whether the 3 never before released on DVD cartoons are referring to shorts or TV specials. Either way, it is something I might end up buying just because I'll always welcome any new-to-DVD Looney Tunes content to my collection, but it really does have me shaking my head thinking about the fact that most of cartoons on this set are going to be ones that have previously been released.

But, it will be nice for the uncut version of "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers" to be on DVD, but then again, I still have somewhere a VHS recording off Nickelodeon that is uncut.
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Sean Gaffney wrote:Looks like Baseball Bugs and Rabbit of Seville, at least.

And "Carrotblanca" which I'm happy to see re-released.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:25 pm

As well i'm not goes DVD this year (Lack of choice and appeal i think), I think it's time they celebrated the character of Bugs Bunny. I have myself the uncut copy of "Invansion of the Bunny Snatchers" from the original TV special and hopefully if Rabbit of Seville is on DVD, they will corrected the audio track. The track from the first volume is terrible.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Steve Siegert wrote:Uh-oh, I thought there was supposed to be no double-dipping, unless it was something like Spotlight Collection Vol. 7, which was 100% previously released content. Although it wasn't clear whether the 3 never before released on DVD cartoons are referring to shorts or TV specials. Either way, it is something I might end up buying just because I'll always welcome any new-to-DVD Looney Tunes content to my collection, but it really does have me shaking my head thinking about the fact that most of cartoons on this set are going to be ones that have previously been released.

I don't have any issues with this release, since it is obviously being aimed at more casual fans than us. Plus, it sounds like it has the potential to be a fun overview of Bugs' career.

I just REALLY hope it doesn't turn out as lazily assembled as the Tom & Jerry Anniversary DVD that just came out. I'll have a full review on GAC later this week.

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:And "Carrotblanca" which I'm happy to see re-released.

Indeed, that third image is from "Carrotblanca". If you read the fine print closely on the bottom left corner (under the MPAA "Rated G" symbol), you will notice that it is referring to the aforementioned "Carrotblanca" and "Hare and Loathing in Las Vegas" having been rated G by the MPAA. I wonder if these are considered to be 2 of the 3 new-to-DVD titles (despite the fact that "Carrotblanca" is available on the "Casablanca" DVD and Blu-Ray).
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Steve Siegert wrote:Uh-oh, I thought there was supposed to be no double-dipping, unless it was something like Spotlight Collection Vol. 7, which was 100% previously released content.

I think the no double-dipping rule only applies to the "main" series of DVD releases (Golden Collection and now Super Stars). Miscellaneous releases such as this, the Oscars sets, and the single movie/TV special DVDs are probably exempt from that since they aren't necessarily targeted to collectors and completists of the shorts.

I will most likely be getting this, if no other reason than to get "Bunny Snatchers" and (to a lesser degree) "Hare and Loathing" in DVD quality.
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”