Cover Art and Some More Info for Essential Bugs Bunny

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 am

Steve Siegert wrote:Just what I feared, no previously unreleased classic era shorts are being restored for this release, although I more than likely will buy this set to have an official release of "Any Bonds Today?" which will more than likely be uncut. So far, Warner has had fairly good quality control over their home-grown products (now everyone can, and probably will, place the blame on me if ABT does end up being edited).

I will honestly be surprised if ABT makes the final product or at least in unedited form (remember, it was dropped from Golden Collection, Vol. 6 at the last minute, yet still mentioned in Jerry's "World of Leon Schlesinger" intro). I will be waiting for the official announcement, it wouldn't be the first time early leaked info got changed around before the release date (ie- Saturday Morning Cartoons, LT Super Stars, etc).

Jughead Jones

Postby Jughead Jones » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers isn't listed though. Hopefully that's a mistake.

I hope that's a previously unreleased BB Show episode.

Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers will be included according to this: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bugs-Bunny-Looney-Tunes-Comedy-Hour-Essential-Bugs-Bunny/14025
It looks like there is no Bugs Bunny Show episode.

cartoonlover675

Postby cartoonlover675 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:19 am

And let's hope that for "Rabbit Fire," the audio pitch issue that plagued it on the first Golden Collection will be fixed. That really decreased my enjoyment of that classic.

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:32 am

Jughead Jones wrote:Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers will be included according to this: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bugs-Bunny-Looney-Tunes-Comedy-Hour-Essential-Bugs-Bunny/14025
It looks like there is no Bugs Bunny Show episode.

But, as seems to be the problem with the listings that are posted all over the place, what is their source? TVShowsonLazyReporting.com is crediting Toonzone, and Toonzone is crediting WBShop.com. But WBShop.com merely copied and pasted the list from WHV's press site, which doesn't list "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers" despite it appearing on their own announcement e-mail.

I'm not trying to be difficult; I'm just saying it still doesn't answer the question of what all will be on this thing.
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:34 pm

FYI, I am being told "Any Bonds Today?" was dropped from this set.

Also, an Essential Daffy set is in the works.

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:FYI, I am being told "Any Bonds Today?" was dropped from this set.

*sigh* ... An ill omen for future prospects?!?

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:FYI, I am being told "Any Bonds Today?" was dropped from this set.

Honestly, I was stunned to see it on the list in the first place. This release from the getgo always had the air of "intended for general audiences"...but "general audiences" that always wanted to pretend they were die-hard cartoon experts. Think like if the Family Entertainment division handled the "Golden Collections."
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:51 pm

If there was ever an instance where double dipping would be justified and welcome, a WWII set would be it. That would be the best place to stick Any Bonds Today.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Well, once it is confirmed whether or not "Any Bonds Today" is indeed being dropped from the set, that most likely will factor in my decision whether I still want to buy this.

There is still hope that we will be getting an episode of "The Bugs Bunny Show" that hadn't previously been released on DVD.

An Essential Daffy set? $20 says that such a set won't include "Porky's Duck Hunt", which without a doubt is one of the most essential Daffy shorts of all-time.
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Steve Siegert wrote:An Essential Daffy set? $20 says that such a set won't include "Porky's Duck Hunt", which without a doubt is one of the most essential Daffy shorts of all-time.

I agree that that won't be included, unless it's an unrestored bonus feature (hey, unrestored is better than not having a copy...). But I wonder if this set will even have any black and white Daffy shorts at all. Somehow I could see disc 1 having 12 essential color cartoons, and disc 2 having soem bonus black and white shorts (if disc 2 is called "The Daffy Duck Vault").

Should I start betting 40 dollars that Duck Amuck and Duck Dogers will be included? Eh, that might be too risky... (risky that people would bet against those).

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”