Looney Tunes Super Stars DVD's Are Widescreen

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
dphirschler

Postby dphirschler » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 pm

What do you guys think the chances are of the Bugs and Daffy Superstars DVDs getting reissued with both versions, like the Foghorn and later releases?

Darryl

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

There's no chance of the Bugs and Daffy discs being reissued with both ARs. Jerry did say something about one day the shorts on those discs being re-released on DVD in full screen as some CE.

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 pm

I believe I've said this before, but it wouldn't be too out-there for them to just combine all thirty shorts from both DVDs and release them in full frame as "Spotlight Collection Volume 8." All those collections have ever been were uniquely configured sets of repeats, so why not do one that at least makes sense?
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:33 pm

That would be a good idea.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Greg Method wrote:I believe I've said this before, but it wouldn't be too out-there for them to just combine all thirty shorts from both DVDs and release them in full frame as "Spotlight Collection Volume 8." All those collections have ever been were uniquely configured sets of repeats, so why not do one that at least makes sense?

Considering what WHV has been smoking lately I wouldn't count on that.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 am

There wasn't a Spotlight Collection released last year, so it's safe to say that line is dead just like the Golden Collections.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”