Bugs Bunny Live Action Film Coming

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:05 pm

My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm

First rumors of a live action Marvin the Martian movie in which he seeks to destroy Christmas while trapped in a Christmas present, then a live action Speedy Gonzales voiced by George Lopez--now this. I really hope this is just a bad rumor--but I know it's gonna happen-I just know it.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

jlppr

Postby jlppr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

well, i just told my brother and he actually thinks it will be interesting and he also thinks that Yogi Bear looks good and the voices were done really good (not identical but still good). of course i disagree but to each his own. he said he will wait for dvd to watch it though :rolleyes:

Fibber Fox

Postby Fibber Fox » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Have they called Dan Aykroyd yet? Maybe Justin Bieber can be Tweety.

The late, funny Howie Morris once told Joe Barbera to do an impossible sex act. That's what I feel like telling Warners about this.

F. Fox
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Oh, DEAR GOD NO!!!

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 pm

OK, this has gone far enough...

I can deal with Marvin getting a CGI/live-action movie especially since that project seems to be on hold, Speedy Gonzales voiced by George Lopez is a lot harder to swallow, the CGI Road Runner cartoons have been unexpectly a lot of fun but a CGI/live-action movie of Bugs Bunny just seems immoral. I never thought in a thousand years that, though the executives at WB may be idiots, they'd never be dumb enough to make a movie like this. I would hate for my future children to know Bugs Bunny through this potentially awful film. Space Jam has more of a place in the Looney Tunes franchise than this live-action shlock ever will.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Incidentally, I find it ironic that they hired a screenwriter for "Elf" (one of two films that killed "Back in Action" at the box-office) to write this Bugs Bunny script.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:43 pm

I know this won't work, but can we try a petition? Something so stupid deserves a try. And I didn't like that Williams riff.

Matt the Y

Postby Matt the Y » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I think my brain just exploded...........

Is there no intelligence left in all of Hollywood??!! We're already showing our disapproval about how bad this live-action/CGI Yogi Bear movie is and now they're making this Bugs Bunny movie instead of just taking the hint that we don't WANT any more of these ****** live-action/CGI animated movies based off our favorite cartoons and just moving onto other better things?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??????!!!!

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”