Bugs Bunny Live Action Film Coming

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Matt the Y

Postby Matt the Y » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Fibber Fox wrote:
The late, funny Howie Morris once told Joe Barbera to do an impossible sex act. That's what I feel like telling Warners about this.

Jim, do you know the story behind this? Off-topic regarding this thread, I know, but I'd sure love to hear it (It would probably explain to me why Don Messick took over Morris' voice roles of Atom Ant and Mr. Peebles in the last few episodes of Atom Ant and Magilla Gorilla, respectively).

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 am

No sir, I don't like it.

It's official. WB animation is now run by incompetents and needs an overhaul. Well, I guess that's been for years, but now it's at a critical level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:28 am

This "Bugs Bunny" project reminded me of this song from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

Remember how they added a disco beat to Beethoven's 5th Symphony just to cash in on a current trend? That's pretty much what WB is doing now with these furry CGI renditions of classic cartoons.
Hopefully these movies will all just be thrown on a big pile of "what were we thinking" while the classics live on, just like Beethoven's work.
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LTS

Postby LTS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 am

Just as long as Michael Jordan is in it. :rolleyes:

At least when this bombs at the box office WB's will have another excuse for why they have no money to make more Looney Tunes DVD's for collectors. This film will cost a fair amount of money to make, the same money can be used to restore shorts and bring out another Golden Collection or at least create a real successor to the GC's series. It was not even two years ago when WHV knew what they were doing, now they all seem so bloody stupid. Live Action Bugs Bunny? You idiots! :rolleyes:

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:56 am

Gosh!! Not that! What they seriously thinkin?

It's official! WB is now run by idiots who don't even know the history of this characters except their names. :mad:

R.J. Smith

Live-Action Bugs-Bunny Movie!

Postby R.J. Smith » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:06 am

WHEN WILL IT ALL END!!!???!!!???!!!

Check Cartoon Brew.
:mickey::donald::goof: [size=134][font=Comic Sans MS]We gotta' move![/SIZE][/font]
("[font=Comic Sans MS]Moving Day", 1936)[/font]

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 am

Daffysleftfoot wrote:This "Bugs Bunny" project reminded me of this song from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

Remember how they added a disco beat to Beethoven's 5th Symphony just to cash in on a current trend? That's pretty much what WB is doing now with these furry CGI renditions of classic cartoons.
Hopefully these movies will all just be thrown on a big pile of "what were we thinking" while the classics live on, just like Beethoven's work.

I didn't think that part was bad.

I still think we need to do something about this film, even if they won't listen. A pentition won't hurt to try.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 am

Matt the Y wrote:I think my brain just exploded...........

Is there no intelligence left in all of Hollywood??!! We're already showing our disapproval about how bad this live-action/CGI Yogi Bear movie is and now they're making this Bugs Bunny movie instead of just taking the hint that we don't WANT any more of these ****** live-action/CGI animated movies based off our favorite cartoons and just moving onto other better things?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??????!!!!

Sadly, they do this because they know it will make money. Some of these monstrosities were big hits such as Alvin and the shi-pardon me, chipmunks movies.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 am

Glowworm wrote:Sadly, they do this because they know it will make money. Some of these monstrosities were big hits such as Alvin and the shi-pardon me, chipmunks movies.

Well, they already got some other LT pans as well. Obviously, while these plan films will might make money, I doubt they'll get enough money and might lead to financial trouble to the studio. I doubt they figured that out either.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am

Daffysleftfoot wrote:This "Bugs Bunny" project reminded me of this song from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

At least the new version is not as horrible but it's true that they take too much of this famous Beethoven piece. I remember they having singers from the original piece in a old PBS gameshow i watched as a kid in the mid-1990's.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”