History Detectives features Jerry Beck

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Hutch

History Detectives features Jerry Beck

Postby Hutch » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 pm

You might want to check the episode of PBS's HISTORY DETECTIVES scheduled ot air on Monday 8/30 (on most PBS stations). It features a collection of production cells and production art from a number of studios, including Warner, Disney and Ted Eshbaugh. Most of the serment keys on a series of cells from the first Buddy cartoon "Buddy's Day Out". Both Jerry Beck and Martha Sigall are interviewd on the segment.

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm

That's a pretty cool show anyway - this will make that episode even more special.

AndrewGilmore

Postby AndrewGilmore » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Interesting. I don't even watch PBS much so I had never heard of the show, but I'll be sure to check it out this week. Furthermore, I didn't even think cells from Buddy cartoons even existed today!

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:16 am

They had a good one a couple years ago featuring that supposedly older version of "Micky Mouse" that allegedly predated Disney's Mickey Mouse - I forget the name of the company that came up with this toy, something-form?

Anyway, I'd guess that a lot of folks on this forum who are obviously into collecting of one or more sorts would enjoy this show a lot, because it's primarily about investigating old things that people find in their attic.

cartoonfan4ever

Postby cartoonfan4ever » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:46 pm

^ I remember reading an article about a Micky Mouse doll being sold in NY in the 1920's. It was apparently patented in 1926. Here's an article about that.

Micky Mouse vs Mickey Mouse

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Well, that was a fun way to kill 20 minutes.

Thanks for the information Jerry!

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”