Foghorn and Tweety Super Stars DVDs coming 11/30...official announcement!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 pm

It.... looks like Foghorn's giving Sylvester a proctology exam.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

LTS

Postby LTS » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Who the hell is WHV trying to fool with their ad sheet? "15 Never-Before-On-DVD Cartoons". :rolleyes:

Sylvester & Tweety is (all?) Double-Dip and even a cartoon on the Foghorn disc was also on the Golden Collections.

Whatever, they've lost a former happy customer after their abomination they put out this month.

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

I noticed "Weasel While You Work" and "Gopher Broke" were on the Foghorn Leghorn disc list. While I am not really big on those two shorts, I wonder if they are going to have some conflict with music rights or something (and I do NOT mean "Camptown Races"). Being theatrical, it could be likely there is some sort of exception. And besides that, Classic Media and Premavision managed to get several classic Gumby episodes on DVD with the original John Seely music intact, and "Ren & Stimpy" has not run into any problems regarding music rights whatsoever (in fact, some of the music in "Gopher Broke" was actually heard on "Ren & Stimpy!")

I'm just saying this, because only two other "Seely Six" cartoons were released on home video; "Hook, Line and Stinker" (the best of the bunch) and "Hip, Hip, Hurry!"

HeadIntoSound

Postby HeadIntoSound » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Hopefully someone at Warner's marketing goofed and meant to type Fractured, but wrote in Broken instead.

I doubt that is the case, but it sure would be a good thing.:foggy:

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Shemp wrote:Posted at Home Theater Forum...

Notice that they used a "Baby Looney Tunes" clip art of Tweety...:confused:

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 pm

LTS wrote:Who the hell is WHV trying to fool with their ad sheet? "15 Never-Before-On-DVD Cartoons". :rolleyes:

Sylvester & Tweety is (all?) Double-Dip and even a cartoon on the Foghorn disc was also on the Golden Collections.

Whatever, they've lost a former happy customer after their abomination they put out this month.

I wouldn't bee surprised if they also croped the whole bunch of the cartoons on the LTSS Foghorn.

+1 to the bold thing.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm more looking for the Foghorn DVD. Most titles i haven't yet mostly the one-shots titles.

I'm hoping to see "The Dixie Fryer" or "The Slick Chick" than "A Broken Leghorn" was already in the first DVD volume.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:46 pm

wiley207 wrote:I'm just saying this, because only two other "Seely Six" cartoons were released on home video; "Hook, Line and Stinker" (the best of the bunch) and "Hip, Hip, Hurry!"

I remember "A Bird in a Bonnet" was in a 1982's local videotape from The Looney Tunes Video Show banner. You never think of this when you got it in a official videotape. :tweety:

J. B. Warner

Postby J. B. Warner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:51 pm

HeadIntoSound wrote:Hopefully someone at Warner's marketing goofed and meant to type Fractured, but wrote in Broken instead.

I doubt that is the case, but it sure would be a good thing.:foggy:

That'd be awesome if it was the case - "A Fractured Leghorn" is a great cartoon, with one of my favorite ending gags ever. ("Wouldn't tell him I was hungry!") Unfortunately, it's from 1950, and they said the Foghorn disc is all post-54s. Which of course means they'll all be in faux-widescreen. Boo.

I already wasn't planning to buy the Sylvester and Tweety set, but if the Foghorn set double-dips too and contains nothing but cropped cartoons, I'll be forced to pass on both of them. I'm not going to put up with this.
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:

grundle

Postby grundle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 am

Shemp wrote:Posted at Home Theater Forum...

I think the "913 million" is probably actually 9.13 million.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”