Foghorn and Tweety Super Stars DVDs coming 11/30...official announcement!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Will these sets be added to the Looney Tunes Video Guide, considering the double dipping?

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:55 pm

quack-up wrote:Will these sets be added to the Looney Tunes Video Guide, considering the double dipping?

I don't see why they wouldn't.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Matthew Hunter

Postby Matthew Hunter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, the Sylvester and Tweety disc is just a double-dip fest...but the Foggy disc looks like a winner, especially if they keep the 2 Jose and Manuel cartoons on the final setlist. Hopefully they won't crop the shorts this time.

I still haven't been able to find the Bugs and Daffy discs...my local Best Buy seems to have slashed their DVD inventory due to the bad economy, and my Wal-Mart didn't have them either. From what I've been hearing, I'm not missing much.:mad:

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:18 am

Matthew Hunter wrote:I still haven't been able to find the Bugs and Daffy discs...my local Best Buy seems to have slashed their DVD inventory due to the bad economy, and my Wal-Mart didn't have them either. From what I've been hearing, I'm not missing much.:mad:

I couldn't agree with you more about Best Buy! Even with Scooby-Doo DVDs they began to suck; they've only been selling "Aloha Scooby-Doo," one of the worst ones ever

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:41 am

The whole classic animation market seems to be pushed away from alot of stores. You can't get DVDs from Best Buy, Target, and barely Walmart...can't get books from Borders or Barnes & Nobles..you can only get the online. Getting them online, which isn't that bad, but it's still tedious. Best Buy used to give these stars the star treatment with giving you something special to go with them. And they were pretty awesome, too.

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 pm

My Wal-Mart is great. I have adopted them as my store for animation. ;) Pushing away Target from the equation.

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:51 pm

LooneyFan wrote:The whole classic animation market seems to be pushed away from alot of stores. You can't get DVDs from Best Buy, Target, and barely Walmart...can't get books from Borders or Barnes & Nobles..you can only get the online. Getting them online, which isn't that bad, but it's still tedious. Best Buy used to give these stars the star treatment with giving you something special to go with them. And they were pretty awesome, too.

That does suck. It's especially true because Amazon doesn't take PayPal!

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 pm

LooneyFan wrote:Best Buy used to give these stars the star treatment with giving you something special to go with them. And they were pretty awesome, too.

Ah yes, I remember going with my dad to Best Buy in 8th grade to get my birthday presents (LTGC3, T&J V2 and the movie collection) and they had those three very hard-to miss right at the center of the Animation section they had at the time. Five years later, I'd be lucky to find any classic animation sets at that same Best Buy. So far, I've only found a stray copy of the Daffy Superstar disc at FYE. Then again, I haven't been to too many media stores in the last month, but still, one single copy.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

LTS

Postby LTS » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 pm

LooneyFan wrote:Best Buy used to give these stars the star treatment with giving you something special to go with them. And they were pretty awesome, too.

And there's the key. ;)

Considering WHV isn't even giving these stars the star treatment anymore, why should Best Buy? If WHV at least got their ***** into gear and started putting pride in their work (uncropped cartoons, zero double-dipping) then maybe stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target etc would give a damn too.

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Wal-Mart is the only place where I have seen the new Super Stars DVD's. I bought both of them on the day of their release from their store in Comstock Park, MI (north of Grand Rapids). They only had 2 copies of each.

Now, a few hours after typing this, I am in a hotel in a small town in Wisconsin (where I am moving to due to a job promotion). Just up the road is a Wal-Mart and at this location, there are about 5-6 copies of each Super Stars set.

But, I do agree with the above posters that WHV just has pushed aside their classic animation catalog like they are ashamed to even own these cartoons.

I don't know about these upcoming releases. I may be tempted to buy the Foghorn set, but I sure as hell won't buy the Sylvester & Tweety set.

Then again, I have a hard time justifying a reason to buy a disc with nothing but cropped cartoons. Sure, they will be restored and look excellent aside from the tops and bottoms missing from the picture, but I have all these cartoons unrestored in their proper full frame aspect ratio as well.
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”