Foghorn and Tweety Super Stars DVDs coming 11/30...official announcement!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
FleischerFan

Postby FleischerFan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:11 am

Greg Method wrote: "Ideal for fans, collectors and impulse purchasers."
Hard to get "impulse purchasers" if your sales team can't get the DVDs into any actual brick-and-mortar sales outlets.

The Bugs & Daffy sets have yet to show up at Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy. Good luck with these two new sets.

BTW, I will purchase the Foghorn set online as it does contain titles new to DVD (even if they are cropped).

But the Tweety set is really baffling. Why is it 100% double-dipped when the other 3 sets focused on new titles? (No, I will not purchase that one.)
"To speak without thinking like shooting without aiming." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:44 am

FleischerFan wrote:Hard to get "impulse purchasers" if your sales team can't get the DVDs into any actual brick-and-mortar sales outlets.

The Bugs & Daffy sets have yet to show up at Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy. Good luck with these two new sets.

BTW, I will purchase the Foghorn set online as it does contain titles new to DVD (even if they are cropped).

But the Tweety set is really baffling. Why is it 100% double-dipped when the other 3 sets focused on new titles? (No, I will not purchase that one.)

One name: warner home video's Family division.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 am

As I said at TZ, I will buy Foghorn & Friends if shown in its proper aspect ratio. But, unlike the Bugs & Daffy sets, all of these cartoons are post-53, so it's even less likely that they'll be shown with the full image, unless WB actually listens to our concerns.

And as others said, I also hope "A Broken Leghorn" is a mistake. We already got that one, and we were told these releases would be composed entirely of new-to-DVD shorts.
FleischerFan wrote:Hard to get "impulse purchasers" if your sales team can't get the DVDs into any actual brick-and-mortar sales outlets.

QFT.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm

FleischerFan wrote:The Bugs & Daffy sets have yet to show up at Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy. Good luck with these two new sets.

I've seen them at a Wal-Mart, though they were hard to find there.

It seems like many recent non-movie DVDs have been hard to find in stores. I haven't found Rocky and Bullwinkle: Season 4 or Henson's Place anywhere, and it took me four weeks to find a DVD copy of Dog City. There are other smaller releases that I have seen plenty of copies of on their release dates (Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes, almost any Sesame Street release), so I don't know what the deal is here.

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm

speedy fast wrote:
It seems like many recent non-movie DVDs have been hard to find in stores. I haven't found Rocky and Bullwinkle: Season 4 or Henson's Place anywhere, and it took me four weeks to find a DVD copy of Dog City. There are other smaller releases that I have seen plenty of copies of on their release dates (Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes, almost any Sesame Street release), so I don't know what the deal is here.

I'm sort of surprised at the number of people that pick these up at the store ... just kind of curious as to why you don't get them on Amazon or Buy ... they are cheaper there than in store.

grundle

Postby grundle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:43 pm

FleischerFan wrote: But the Tweety set is really baffling. Why is it 100% double-dipped when the other 3 sets focused on new titles? (No, I will not purchase that one.)

Because many casual fans have not purchased the Golden Collections, but might buy this release.

grundle

Postby grundle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm

ohmahaaha wrote:I'm sort of surprised at the number of people that pick these up at the store ... just kind of curious as to why you don't get them on Amazon or Buy ... they are cheaper there than in store.

I live in an apartment. I'm not always home to let the UPS guy in the building, so sometimes it's easier and more convenient for me to buy it at the store.

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm

I also can't order anything off Amazon.com (I don't believe in credit cards), so unless I bug my dad to buy something off Amazon.com for me, I just go around town. So far, no luck. Obviously, the Best Buy doesn't carry it (but then again, Best Buy is crap when it comes to cartoons on DVD; even the only Scooby-Doo DVDs they are currently selling is "Aloha Scooby-Doo!" Blech.) I tried FYE, but no luck. Not even the nearest Target had any!

I may try Wal-Mart soon, but I wouldn't count on it. If not I'll just wait for one to show up on eBay (I kinda want copies of the Bugs and Daffy and Foggy DVDs).

Barb Herholzer

Postby Barb Herholzer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:05 pm

wiley207 wrote: (I don't believe in credit cards)

...but they DO exist...:p

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Greg Method wrote:Just officially announced: the next two "Super Stars" releases, due November 30.

The content list is according to WHV Direct as they presented it (which, as we know from last time, might change).

"Foghorn Leghorn & Friends: Barnyard Bigmouth"
1. All Fowled Up (Foghorn)
2. Fox Terrier (Foghorn
3. A Broken Leghorn (Foghorn)
4. Crockett Doodle Doo (Foghorn)
5. Weasel While You Work (Foghorn)
6. Weasel Stop (Foghorn
7. Little Boy Boo (Foghorn)
8. Banty Raids (Foghorn)
9. Strangled Eggs (Foghorn)
10. Gopher Broke (Goofy Gophers)
11. A Mutt In A Rut (Elmer Fudd)
12. Mouse-Placed Kitten (Misc)
13. Chese It The Cat (The Honey Mousers)
14. Two Crows From Tacos (Two Crows)
15. Crow’s Feet (Elmer Fudd)

"Tweety & Sylvester: Feline Fwenzy"
• TWEETY PIE
• BAD OL’ PUTTY TAT
• ALL A-BIRRRRD
• CANARY ROW
• PUDDY TAT TWOUBLE
• ROOM AND BIRD
• TWEETY’S S.O.S.
• TWEET TWEET TWEETY
• GIFT WRAPPED
• AIN’T SHE TWEET
• SNOW BUSINESS
• SATAN’S WAITIN
• THE LAST HUNGRY CAT
• BIRDS ANONYMOUS
• TWEETY AND THE BEANSTALK

Nothing on the ad sheet about aspect ratios, but Foggy has the "adult collector" disclaimer. There is also a promo blurb on the announcement saying, "Ideal for fans, collectors and impulse purchasers." Yeah, provided you only collect 5/6 of each cartoon.

Cringe worthy.
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”