Foghorn and Tweety Super Stars DVDs coming 11/30...official announcement!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
samtheq

Postby samtheq » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Strange, I still can't find these new DVD's at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, or anywhere...at Best Buy I asked an employee, and he looked it up and said "Oh, they are online exclusives..." (whatever that means...but I think it translates to "you can buy them from Best Buy, but exclusively through their website. In this economy, and as more truckloads of Avatar and The Princess and the Frog come in, we aren't stocking classic, hand-drawn animation.")

Anyhow, after everything I've been reading, I don't think I want them, anyway! I would rather stick with the copies I have, sourced from all over the place and not remastered, than settle for cropped crap!

What will amaze me is if we get a disc replacement program launched out of this...although wouldn't that COST Warner HV to do it? So maybe, nevermind...

brant
"Wot the HECK??! Makes a guy SORE!!!"
--Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 pm

grundle wrote:I think the "913 million" is probably actually 9.13 million.

We shouldn't add anymore to WHV's millions. They lie a lot(no double dipping, no dvnr, restored shorts,etc...).

Larry T

Postby Larry T » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm still pretty sore after having pre-ordered and bought the Bugs and Daffy discs. So these can just sit and wait as far as I'm concerned.

And if parchance, something extraordinary happens, like "Tweetie Pie" shows up with original titles or the later post-55 cartoons are not cropped like they were in the B&D discs... I might consider picking them up.

But for now... meh.

"Steamboating ahead to good times!"

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Larry T wrote:I'm still pretty sore after having pre-ordered and bought the Bugs and Daffy discs. So these can just sit and wait as far as I'm concerned.

Can't you return them??

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Larry T wrote:I'm still pretty sore after having pre-ordered and bought the Bugs and Daffy discs. So these can just sit and wait as far as I'm concerned.

And if parchance, something extraordinary happens, like "Tweetie Pie" shows up with original titles or the later post-55 cartoons are not cropped like they were in the B&D discs... I might consider picking them up.

But for now... meh.

They could be sold in a GAC contest. :D

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”