Bosko & The Warner Archive in 2011?

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Shemp

Bosko & The Warner Archive in 2011?

Postby Shemp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 pm

From last Tuesday (8/31), an interesting post on Warner Archive's Facebook page...

How about a complete set of Bosko cartoons, please, oh, please? You could include the few color MGMs along with the WB black and white gems. Thank you for all the wondrous goodies you've released thus far!
Image Warner Archive Collection We agree! We've got plans for Warner Bosko and Metro Bosko....and related goodies....Die-hard '30s animation fans are in for a treat at some point in 2011.

AndrewGilmore

Postby AndrewGilmore » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Shemp wrote:From last Tuesday (8/31), an interesting post on Warner Archive's Facebook page...

Interesting... I'd look forward to that coming out. Granted, many of the WB Boskos are already out thanks to the eponymous video company, but I'd like to see some of the later ones put on DVD as well!

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Is this going to be our first taste of remastered cartoons via the Archive? If yes, count me in.

Would an Archive set of the Bosko Looney Tunes include the handful that were included in Golden Collection #6 or skip over them?
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Senbei Norimaki

Postby Senbei Norimaki » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Finally some good news from WB. The 30's is my favorite decade for American animation. Chronological Looney Tunes box sets would be preferred, but I'll take :bosko::buddy::ham: shorts anyways I can get them at this point.
:bosko: :buddy: :ham: :daffy: :bugs1: :coolcat: :rabbit: :mickey: :goof: :donald: :bbear: :tomcat: :jerry: :droopy: :betty: :sailor: :audrey: :andy: :woody: :chilly: :magoo: :felix: :flip: :thinkpink

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Leviathan wrote:Is this going to be our first taste of remastered cartoons via the Archive? If yes, count me in.

Would an Archive set of the Bosko Looney Tunes include the handful that were included in Golden Collection #6 or skip over them?

I can only speak for me, If they are not going to do it chronologically as I think they are going to do, I would like them to skip over the ones on Golden Collection vol 6. Also If they do chronological sets then I hope they are included.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Beany Boy

Oh, You Naaaasty Tease!!

Postby Beany Boy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 am

Oh, stop it right now, Warner Brothers! We've been getting all kinds of teasing little tickles that the censorable cartoons could be part of that library we wish for so bad...again and again and then you pull back for fear of...what? I'll bet even the most politically correct are watching their private lifted copy of any of tehse cartoons, maybe even in some cases, scratching their collective heads and wondering why they aren't already available, having seen only those particular versions on their local TV networks, as is the case with "BUGS BUNNY RIDES AGAIN". The now censored copy of that cartoon is the *ONLY* way I've ever seen it on our syndicated Metromedia station, and I only wish I had an old SANDY BECKER SHOW or SOUPY SALES show to prove it!! Just stop all this expensive legal fussin' around and just release the damned things!!Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Bob Clampett, Tex Avery
Shemp wrote:From last Tuesday (8/31), an interesting post on Warner Archive's Facebook page...

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:47 am

Who is the head person/boss/human at the Warner Archive?

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Terrific! :D

cartoonfan4ever

Postby cartoonfan4ever » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 pm

This is very good news. Hopefully they will be uncensored, which I think they will since they are targeting the "Die-hard '30s animation fans."

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:30 pm

raginggoodfella wrote:Who is the head person/boss/human at the Warner Archive?

I thought that was Jerry Beck's friend George Feltenstein (spelling?).
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”