Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 5 DVD - March 29, 2011

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Jon Cooke

Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 5 DVD - March 29, 2011

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 pm

On March 29, Classic Media will issue Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 5 as its own stand-alone set (currently only available as an exclusive to the giant Complete Series box that just came out this week).

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/14898

Daffyfan2004

Postby Daffyfan2004 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 pm

That sounds good. I guess there's no sense for me to spend money on the complete series now since I already have the first four seasons. I guess I'll wait until March and get the gift cards ready. Lol.
Kim Possible: You may not rap, Wade, but you definitely rock!
----------------------------------------------
Ron: Wade, if this supergenius thing doesn't work out for you, you'd make a bon-diggity travel agent.
Wade: Nah, I'd have to leave my room.
-------------------------------------------
:befuddled Oooooh, this diwectow is starting to wub me the wong way!

Beany Boy

Couldn't Wait, But...

Postby Beany Boy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am

Well, I did buy the mammoth box of ROCKY & BULLWINKLE AND FRIENDS, believing that season five would only be available this way, and I'm not entirely disappointed that I did. I've not checked the fifth season extras, but I'd heard that Keith Scott donated some extras to this set, beyond an essay in the 80-page booklet that accompanies it. Just letting fans know what's up, and I wish that people would post reviews on Amazon once they've gotten an item. I would say that, thus far, my only real complaint about this large set is that each of the disks in each of the seasons are slipped into these tight little pockets. I would have preferred a set similar to Shout! Factory's COMPLETE SERIES set on "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER", but okay. I will report further once I check out the special features to see if extra entries are there, somewhere.
Jon Cooke wrote:On March 29, Classic Media will issue Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 5 as its own stand-alone set (currently only available as an exclusive to the giant Complete Series box that just came out this week).

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/14898

FlapperPrower

Postby FlapperPrower » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I received my copy of the complete series today and only the Rocky and Bullwinkle segments are new for season 5. Also, they went back to using the season 2 opening and closing.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 am

Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 5 is now available for pre-order.

FlapperPrower

Postby FlapperPrower » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Since the seasons 1-4 discs on the complete series set are from their respective season sets, expect the season 5 set to only have one new extra, which is audio outtakes of the last chapter of Goof Gas Attack, which really should've been an extra for season 4. Also, the audio of the episodes containing Mucho Loma sound slightly sped-up.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:03 pm

FlapperPrower

Postby FlapperPrower » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Couldn't they have been more original with the art? Those are the same portraits of Rocky and Bullwinkle from the season 4 boxart, only this time, their bodies are shown.

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Is there any information as to the other segments in the shows besides the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" segments? i.e., Are there enough Dudley Dorights, Aesop & Sons and Peabodys left that haven't already been released to DVD to fill out the shows without double dips?

FlapperPrower

Postby FlapperPrower » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

ohmahaaha wrote:Is there any information as to the other segments in the shows besides the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" segments? i.e., Are there enough Dudley Dorights, Aesop & Sons and Peabodys left that haven't already been released to DVD to fill out the shows without double dips?

There aren't any new Dudley Do-Right, Aesop & Son, Fractured Fairy Tales and Peabody's Improbable History segments on the season 5 DVDs. They're all reused in random order.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”