Rocky & Bullwinkle Season 5 DVD - March 29, 2011

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

I got up to the Pottsylvania Creeper story arc. I'll admit that as a child, this one creeped me out. I think maybe this was the true reason why I didn't want to see Little Shop of Horrors on Broadway--repressed memories of the Pottsylvania Creeper eating people. The funny part is that I ended up loving Little Shop of Horrors--and I really enjoyed this storyline.

I can't wait to watch Wottsamotta U and the Weather Lady. Those used to be my favorites as a child.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

MarkTheShark

Postby MarkTheShark » Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 am

A couple things I noticed...

On all the previous season sets, one of the Rocky & Bullwinkle "segment intros" (the one which ends with Bullwinkle falling onto a clothesline) had the first few seconds of audio clipped off. On this Season 5 set, any time that intro appears, the audio is complete. (I wonder why it's still clipped on Season 4 -- weren't those being worked on around the same time?)

Am I just imagining this, or are the colors just a little more vibrant on the #2 "Fractured Fairy Tales" closing end title (with the words "the end" written out by a piece of chalk) when it follows an episode of "Aesop And Son" (than "Fractured")? It's subtle, but I could swear (or affirm) it's there.

Would have been cool if they'd added the Hoppity Hooper segments as extras -- unless they have a surprise HH release up their sleeves.

I haven't gone through all the DVDs yet -- are all the various segments of the cartoons accounted for now -- Fractured, Peabody, Aesop, Do-Right? I am assuming so if there are repeats on the final volume.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 pm

MarkTheShark wrote:
I haven't gone through all the DVDs yet -- are all the various segments of the cartoons accounted for now -- Fractured, Peabody, Aesop, Do-Right? I am assuming so if there are repeats on the final volume.

Yes--all the various segments of the cartoons are all accounted for. The last Fractured Fairy Tales, Aesop and Son, Peabody and Sherman, and Dudley Do-Right were all featured in Volume 4--so Volume 5 is filled with repeats from all the other volumes.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

FlapperPrower

Postby FlapperPrower » Sat May 21, 2011 6:20 am

Good news Hulu watchers. The season 5 episodes were added today and the Mucho Loma episodes are fixed.

Daffyfan2004

Postby Daffyfan2004 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:14 am

Glowworm wrote:Yes--all the various segments of the cartoons are all accounted for. The last Fractured Fairy Tales, Aesop and Son, Peabody and Sherman, and Dudley Do-Right were all featured in Volume 4--so Volume 5 is filled with repeats from all the other volumes.

I guess that's why it would have been easier if they would have shown those eps the way the originally aired. But, oh well. One could always opt to just watch the Rocky and Bullwinkle segments.
Kim Possible: You may not rap, Wade, but you definitely rock!
----------------------------------------------
Ron: Wade, if this supergenius thing doesn't work out for you, you'd make a bon-diggity travel agent.
Wade: Nah, I'd have to leave my room.
-------------------------------------------
:befuddled Oooooh, this diwectow is starting to wub me the wong way!

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”