LT Super Stars: Road Runner - October 4, 2011

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Jon Cooke

LT Super Stars: Road Runner - October 4, 2011

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:22 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/14959

Good news for Larriva fans, I guess. :shame:

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:44 pm

It seems like Warner Bros' budget to restore cartoons gets smaller and smaller every year. It gives me a headache trying to imagine what the contents will be for the other Super Stars DVD's that are planned.

Without a doubt, this DVD is Warner Bros' way of giving the fans the ultimate middle finger.
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

What are these exactly:

1. NEW 2010 ROADRUNNER #1 (Judge Granny Case)
2. NEW 2010 ROADRUNNER #2 (Wild King Dumb)
3. NEW 2010 ROADRUNNER #3 (Wile E. Coyote Ugly)

Those aren't web toons from the KidsWB site are they? :eek:
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 pm

* facepalm *

Of course I'll pick this up solely for the new-to-DVD cartoons but wow, this is not a lot to write home about.

I really hope by the "NEW 2010 ROADRUNNER" they mean the new 3D shorts and not the webtoons they listed. And at least I can get Chariots of Fur on DVD at last. Otherwise, nothing really worth while.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Pros: Finally! A Road Runner/Coyote Super Stars disc!
Larriva/DFE Cartoons which we'll see restored at last!
Chariots of Fur making it's DVD debut
Hopefully a widescreen edition of Whizzard Of Ow and maybe restored prints of Freeze Frame and Soup or Sonic (ya never know)

Cons: Will might be getting those Flash cartoons
It's 70% great but 30% rehash.
Was hoping nothing but new-to-DVD shorts (though 1 previously on DVD is fine by me)
May 24th!? I can't wait for that! I want it now (at least by March)

Despite the cons I listed, I'll buy it regardless. :beepbeep:

Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm rather bummed that this means Chaser on the Rocks won't have audio commentary by Jerry Beck. :D

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Yikes. They're not even hiding it anymore that the series is half-assed.

The only reason I can see someone wanting this DVD is to get high quality Larriva footage for some AMV or somethin' (I have a hunch I'll eat those words), but even that's wasting your time when you got like 10 of Chuck's to take. Even the nostalgia from watching those webtoons around age 10 or so will not be worth it.

Like P&G though, I MIGHT get this in the future just to own a better copy of Chariots of Fur (and maybe own decent copies of the Larriva toons just for the hailabet), but no chance in hell will this be a first chance purchase.

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:15 pm

OK, remember my post in that recent Super-Stars thread where I said that the upcoming Road Runner set should be good so long as it isn't mostly Larriva cartoons? Well, so much for that.

Unlike the last three new-to-DVD Super-Stars, I'm definitely passing on this set. What a wasted opportunity.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 pm

IS this the complete Larriva Road Runners if not im not buying. :daffy::speedy::shame:
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Bradskey

Postby Bradskey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 pm

- Sigh -

Well I think Jerry did say something along the lines that these really aren't for collectors. Even though they all have the ever present cop-out "This set is meant for the adult collector blah blah" verbiage on the back, apparently out of unfounded fears of offending know-nothing rugrat moms with their ancient, violent, insensitive and un-PC cartoons. I guess nothing is meant for collectors anymore, just impulse bargain racks at supermarket checkout lines.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”