LT Super Stars: Road Runner - October 4, 2011

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
trondmm

Postby trondmm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am

trondmm wrote:Just got a mail from Amazon, saying that it'll ship within the next couple of days. They've also updated the product page to reflect the Oct 4 release date.

Ouch... It shipped today, and I just realized that the currency exchange rate might give me problems.

I have to pay VAT and customs fees (about $30) if the value of a package is higher than 200 Norwegian Kroners (NOK) (normally about $37). To save on shipping, I ordered this DVD together with a Blu-ray, so the total value of my order is $33.48, which means I'll avoid taxes as long as the Dollar is worth less than 5.97 NOK (200/33.48 = 5.97). When I placed the order, the USD/NOK exchange rate was about 5.40. It had been pretty stable for months, fluctuating between 5.30 and 5.60, so I felt that I had a huge margin, and that I didn't have to worry about the exchange rate.

I just checked the exchange rate now, and last week it peaked at 5.94. It has dropped back a bit to 5.72 now, but suddenly 5.97 is well within reach. With the cheapest international shipping, it'll be about three weeks until the package arrives, and customs will use the exchange rate at arrival to determine the value of the content.

Ah... Isn't international trading exciting? :)

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

trondmm wrote:
Ah... Isn't international trading exciting? :)

Yes, But I would buy twice as much if there were no stupid things as customs.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”