'Herman and Katnip: The Complete Series' DVD - Sept. 6, 2011

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:43 am

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:These are the clipshow titles: If my information are correct I do wonder how complete they are.

Cat Carson Rides Again
Northwest Mousie
Surf And Sound

They're all the same length as the other cartoons on the set, so I would guess they are complete here.

Richie

Postby Richie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Adding "Katnip's Big Day" to that list of clipshows!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I'll check again in my own archives, but if I buy this, it combined with the PD DVDs will help me personally as I would end up having ALL of the Hermans.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 pm

From Thad's review: "It’s fair to say that everyone would agree that the MGM team’s best moments were behind them when H&K broke free from the Noveltoons and got their own series in 1952."
Hate to be a broken record here, but I disagree with that statement. I happen to like "Johann Mouse".

No offense, but this is one of the many reasons why I'm not looking over to your next review. It's ironic how you call the Hanna-Barberra Tom and Jerry series formalic at a certain time as this how I feel about these reviews.

looneytooney

Postby looneytooney » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I've been watching a lot of these cartoons lately. My favorite has to be Mice-Capades, with a story from arguably Famous' best story man, Irv Spector.

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:24 pm

So the DVD is pretty much crap. Well, I'll still get this anyway because I would own 99.9% of the Hermans (I checked my archive, and I'm just off by one PD cartoon:eek:). Hey! It's better than not being out at all. Hopfully Little Audrey and Baby Huey are up next.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:14 pm

As "Drinks on the Mouse" is edited, I'll pass. Why Classic Media didn't go to "Shout Facorty!" for help on this set is beyond me.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 pm

FleischerFan wrote:Hey, the thing only costs $5.99 on Amazon. Who could afford to pass it up at that price?

My bad, I noticed from the screen caps that the set includes 33 cartoons, not 32. That means these cartoons are about 18¢ each!

And Woody, I think you mean Shout Factory.

yes, I meant Shout, I sometimes make ridiculous spelling errors, but sometimes it might be understandable since my first langue is not American English or British English for that matter.

I think this not too bad of a deal given the lack of job done on original titles, and lack of job done on edited cartoon all though it sounds like only one.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 pm

nickramer wrote:As "Drinks on the Mouse" is edited, I'll pass. Why Classic Media didn't go to "Shout Facorty!" for help on this set is beyond me.

Unless its Shout Factory that has to go to them. It will be interesting to see the Caspar set for comparison.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”