LT Super Stars - Bugs Bunny: Wascally Wabbit

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
The Crazy HR

LT Super Stars - Bugs Bunny: Wascally Wabbit

Postby The Crazy HR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Another Looney Tunes Super Stars release. Double-dips from Vol. 1, 2 and 3 LTGC releases. Released only in Regions 2 and 4 on May 4th.

Wrongipedia has an article about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Super_Stars%27_Bugs_Bunny:_Wascally_Wabbit

Even though nobody (including myself) cares about this, it's nice to have it documented.

(I tried to post this in the GAC News and Reviews forum, but I wasn't able to, the forum does not allow it.)

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:09 pm

If this makes it to the U.S. in 2011, I hope there's a set with all new-to-DVD cartoons to go with it, and I mean besides the delayed Road Runner set. Because for the next "wave", if we got a set of Bugs repeats and a set of the lesser Road Runners (assuming the contents haven't been changed since we last heard), yeesh, 2011 won't be a good year for LT on DVD.

The Crazy HR

Postby The Crazy HR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

It will probably come to the U.S. sometime this year.

Jerry Beck once mentioned on "Stu's Show" that another Bugs Bunny LTSS DVD will be made, but he wasn't sure will it be a double-dip.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

If they're going to do DVD releases that are just double-dips, then why not some sets spotlighting duos who have plenty of cartoons on their own? Like a Bugs and Elmer release or a Daffy and Porky release (how many post-1953 Daffy and Porky's are left, anyway?). Heck, it seems we never really got these kinds of releases in the VHS era (I think MGM did a "Bugs vs. Elmer" VHS but I think that's it).

Wasn't there an announcement for a Sylvester DVD release? I wonder if that's still in the works.

Green Kitten

Postby Green Kitten » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 pm

speedy fast wrote:Wasn't there an announcement for a Sylvester DVD release? I wonder if that's still in the works.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=58580 - Is this what you're talking about?

There is a chance that this set won't be double dipped, because there hasn't really been a Sylvester disk apart from Volume 2 Disc 3 (which was released as 'Tweety') but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Volume 4 Disc 4 carbon copy. :rolleyes:
Oh da boy, da diamond.

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:48 pm

There's not a lot of info out there (release date and such). tvshowsondvd.com had no report on it (they mentioned another Charlie Brown DVD which we'll talk about later)
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 pm

King Delbert wrote:There's not a lot of info out there (release date and such). tvshowsondvd.com had no report on it (they mentioned another Charlie Brown DVD which we'll talk about later)

If this DVD is not going to be region 1 release then TVshowsondvd.com is not going to report it as its only for region 1 releases.

But I still find this odd Warner would release superstar set out side USA. This DVD could be a made up by some European prankster.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 pm

You've Got to be kidding me??? another Double Dipped LT super Stars DVD?
WB Needs to stop making these Double Dipped Pieces of C**p Immediately!!!
(Or I'll stop Buying LT&MM DVDs for good).

Prinzenick

Postby Prinzenick » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 pm

^Relax. Those Super Stars DVDs are actually making a profit for Warner Bros., which will allow them to restore the rest of the Warner Bros. cartoon library, and will possibly allow the chance for more Loonye Tunes collectors sets in the future.
"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
--Walt Disney :rabbit:

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Oops! Sorry. Didn't see the region 2 thingy
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”