Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
matiasdf

Postby matiasdf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:02 pm

tristar wrote:From reading your posts, looks like your hobby is sitting behind a keyboard and b-tching. Please, just stop. You're only embarrassing yourself.

No problem with "embarrassing myself" if that means not kissing Warner's feet and actually pointing out what I don't like of this.

Wait, are you suggesting I should refrain of expressing my complaints?
Of course I'm entitled to the absolute best if I'm gonna actually pay for it.

tristar

Postby tristar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 pm

matiasdf wrote:Wait, are you suggesting I should refrain of expressing my complaints?
No, but you've been repeating the same damn thing for about 20 posts now. If I were you, I'd call it quits here.

matiasdf

Postby matiasdf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:11 pm

tristar wrote:No, but you've been repeating the same damn thing for about 20 posts now. If I were you, I'd call it quits here.

It's too big of an issue to just "point it out". As I said, to me Warner missed a great opportunity of doing it right this time... THEY DIDN'T.:(

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:39 pm

matiasdf wrote:It's too big of an issue to just "point it out". As I said, to me Warner missed a great opportunity of doing it right this time... THEY DIDN'T.:(

Maybe they couldn't "do it right". Maybe it just wasn't possible. Just because some collectors unearthed this stuff doesn't mean it was possible for it to be included in this collection. Your incessant complaining has become incredibly annoying. You're coming off as a whiny, entitled, impossible-to-please pain in the neck. It's infuriating. You're entitled to your opinion, but your never-ending, hostile voicing of your opinion has gotten on everyone's nerves.

I've had it.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Toonatic wrote:Blu-Ray.com review!!!!!!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tom-and-Jerry-The-Golden-Collection-Volume-One-Blu-ray/25825/#Review

Be amazed my friends, be amazed! :D

Just 2 more days left!!!! :D

Very great review! The disc set looks very interesting and a good move to the inferior Spotlight Collection and Greatest Chases discs we endurered for so long. The cartoons looks really good and very clear than we use to. It's something i hoping it's happened much earlier but better late than ever. :)

Larry T

Postby Larry T » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Moderator Note: Guys, knock it off. You've made yourself clear- any further bickering will result in being blocked- you have been warned.

Now please keep in mind these reasons why Warner's may not have used the original title cards/best print/ etc to release on this set:

- Full restoration costs money. A LOT of money. Yes, Warner's has a lot of money, but whenever they warrant a project like this, remember it's done at a financial level. They're a corporation- pure and simple. They have to look at how much revenue this will generate, so there's no way they would go out and restore every single T&J title in their vault if the return on their product won't recoup the costs of making it.

- The people directly in charge of putting together these things are not always cartoon lovers themselves and often do not even know the difference between an original title card and a stick drawing by one of their kids.

- Many times the people who own the best/ only known original prints in existence won't lend them out for distribution, unless they get some exorbitant fee for doing it. Jerry has said himself that in the past WHV doesn't offer a huge amount of cash for using a private print (actually, it's often nothing at all)- in which case the owner thinks, "Hmm, I get nothing and my print gets restored and the whole world gets a copy and I'm still left with my own copy... no deal."

- Time restraints on the product release. Again, Warner's is a business and these projects are given time spans. If phases of searching out/ restoration/ manufacturing the product looks like it's going to go over the allotted project timeline, then the parts that will take the largest amount of time are scrapped and revisited.

- The prints available themselves may not even be workable. There may be a copy with original titles but it's in such poor repair that working to restore may become a huge nightmare- so the idea gets dropped.

And one last thing: please keep in mind that Warner's owes you NOTHING. They have NO responsibility to make sure YOU are totally happy with what you pay for. They put a product out- if you like it, you buy it- if you don't, Warner's doesn't lose sleep over it. They don't even have to go into their cartoon vault and release ANY titles at all, because they can make a huge return releasing Adam Sandler's latest flop or "Transformers XVII: Return From the Junk Pile". They don't need your $XX.xx for the purchase of a Blu-Ray set any more than you want to buy an 'inferior' product, and they are NOT going to jump through hoops to get your purchase. End of story.

Back to the discussion- and please keep all comments with a minimum of consideration for other readers. Thank you.

"Steamboating ahead to good times!"

Scarlet Pumpernickel

Postby Scarlet Pumpernickel » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Larry T wrote:Moderator Note: Guys, knock it off. You've made yourself clear- any further bickering will result in being blocked- you have been warned.

Now please keep in mind these reasons why Warner's may not have used the original title cards/best print/ etc to release on this set:

- Full restoration costs money. A LOT of money. Yes, Warner's has a lot of money, but whenever they warrant a project like this, remember it's done at a financial level. They're a corporation- pure and simple. They have to look at how much revenue this will generate, so there's no way they would go out and restore every single T&J title in their vault if the return on their product won't recoup the costs of making it.

- The people directly in charge of putting together these things are not always cartoon lovers themselves and often do not even know the difference between an original title card and a stick drawing by one of their kids.

- Many times the people who own the best/ only known original prints in existence won't lend them out for distribution, unless they get some exorbitant fee for doing it. Jerry has said himself that in the past WHV doesn't offer a huge amount of cash for using a private print (actually, it's often nothing at all)- in which case the owner thinks, "Hmm, I get nothing and my print gets restored and the whole world gets a copy and I'm still left with my own copy... no deal."

- Time restraints on the product release. Again, Warner's is a business and these projects are given time spans. If phases of searching out/ restoration/ manufacturing the product looks like it's going to go over the allotted project timeline, then the parts that will take the largest amount of time are scrapped and revisited.

- The prints available themselves may not even be workable. There may be a copy with original titles but it's in such poor repair that working to restore may become a huge nightmare- so the idea gets dropped.

And one last thing: please keep in mind that Warner's owes you NOTHING. They have NO responsibility to make sure YOU are totally happy with what you pay for. They put a product out- if you like it, you buy it- if you don't, Warner's doesn't lose sleep over it. They don't even have to go into their cartoon vault and release ANY titles at all, because they can make a huge return releasing Adam Sandler's latest flop or "Transformers : Return From the Junk Pile". They don't need your $XX.xx for the purchase of a Blu-Ray set any more than you want to buy an 'inferior' product, and they are NOT going to jump through hoops to get your purchase. End of story.

Back to the discussion- and please keep all comments with a minimum of consideration for other readers. Thank you.

Bravo sir - couldn't have said it better!!
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”

--Ernestine Ulmer

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Toonatic wrote:Blu-Ray.com review!!!!!!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tom-and-Jerry-The-Golden-Collection-Volume-One-Blu-ray/25825/#Review

Be amazed my friends, be amazed! :D

Just 2 more days left!!!! :D

Those screenshots look a lot better than the DVD ones. Another reason to upgrade to Blu-Ray, I suppose.

matiasdf

Postby matiasdf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Ok. But, I'd still like to know, why these titles weren't restored. I hope it's some reason beyond Warner just not wanting to pay the owner/s of these prints.

I hope we someday see them.

gabriel_katikos

Postby gabriel_katikos » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Only two more days until this set comes out, so when are we going to find out which cartoons will have restored original titles?
"The dirty f***!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”