Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Thad wrote:Of most of them.

I'd like to know more about the "serious problems". DVNR? What?
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

There are 'serious' problems with the quality of a few of the new transfers that are the byproduct of WHV's usual ineptitude. Namely their settling for inferior materials. Faded Eastman actually made it onto the set, if you believe it. I will have more to say about this on my blog. But - they are all uncensored, with the original voices, and I have noticed no DVNR.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Thad wrote:There are 'serious' problems with the quality of a few of the new transfers that are the byproduct of WHV's usual ineptitude. Namely their settling for inferior materials. Faded Eastman actually made it onto the set, if you believe it. I will have more to say about this on my blog. But - they are all uncensored, with the original voices, and I have noticed no DVNR.

I'm adding that I will not be posting to GAC any more as of this posting. You can have this mine field of misinformation.

Well, you have already threw the rock...and it hit us on the head:)
After all the set will be out tomorrow so you could let us know just now which are the "Eastman cartoons".
From what I've heard, "The Million Dollar Cat" could be one of them,
We now have a WB classic animation facebook page so if, ONLY AFTER HAVING SEEN THE CARTOONS, WE ALL start posting and asking for a disc replacement program, we could get it (Gee, I've lost count of the times we had to go trough this with WB!!!!).
I also hope Jerry and George Feltenstein will help us to get a disc replacement program.

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Well, they're all serviceable, save the ones indicated below.

Puss N Toots - this one is alright, same as the T&J Spotlight Vol. 2
Bowling Alley Cat - garbage
Sufferin' Cats
Lonesome Mouse
Zoot Cat
Million Dollar Cat
Puttin on the Dog - garbage, actually shows signs of Eastman color turning
Mouse Trouble - same as the Academy Award collection
Quiet Please - garbage, same as the Academy Award collection
Milky Waif

The rest look brilliant.

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 pm

I should add that this is the first time I've ever seen Old Rockin' Chair Tom _not_ shift to inferior source material in its final thirty seconds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Thad wrote:Well, they're all serviceable, save the ones indicated below.

Puss N Toots - this one is alright, same as the T&J Spotlight Vol. 2
Bowling Alley Cat - garbage
Sufferin' Cats
Lonesome Mouse
Zoot Cat
Million Dollar Cat
Puttin on the Dog - garbage, actually shows signs of Eastman color turning
Mouse Trouble - same as the Academy Award collection
Quiet Please - garbage, same as the Academy Award collection
Milky Waif

The rest look brilliant.

Thanks a million, Thad.
Gee, I should get my copy wednesday.
I'll watch a few of the other shorts and then these you mentioned.
Then I'll probably had to start a campaign for a disc replacement program (Yawn....every day it's the same ol' story).
Together we can win (we got replacement for almost every set in which they made errors).

Vdubdavid

Postby Vdubdavid » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Thad wrote:There are 'serious' problems with the quality of a few of the new transfers that are the byproduct of WHV's usual ineptitude. Namely their settling for inferior materials. Faded Eastman actually made it onto the set, if you believe it. I will have more to say about this on my blog. But - they are all uncensored, with the original voices, and I have noticed no DVNR.

Thank heaven for the three items you mention in that last sentence, and I'm very impressed by those grabs from Old Rockin' Chair Tom, but I think this proves my point about the need for greater quality control during the production process.

Especially since this time around it might not just be the hardcore fans complaining about the DVD, but those who buy the Blu-Ray collection expecting Blu-Ray quality and instead get 'Faded Eastman' could be provoked as well.

gabriel_katikos

Postby gabriel_katikos » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Thad wrote:NO. You people just love misconstruing and misinforming. NONE of them have original titles, and NONE were promised.

No original titles? That really sucks... :( :mad:
"The dirty f***!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Unless we have bright pink prints then I doubt a disc replacement program would be neccessary(and probably won't happen at all) To be honest though, the fact that the would use faded Eastman prints at all really makes me wonder why the heck they would do that.:confused:

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Bannedcartoonfan wrote:Unless we have bright pink prints then I doubt a disc replacement program would be neccessary(and probably won't happen at all) To be honest though, the fact that the would use faded Eastman prints at all really makes me wonder why the heck they would do that.:confused:

I think it is necessary.
If they own copies in far superior quality and used, for an error, the worst prints, I suppose we can at least politely ask a replacement program.
It is important to let them aware of the fact that they did wrong again.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”