Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm still looking on this DVD just for the remastered copies, reissues or not. The problem is i have more-to-less hopes to enjoy the shorts again since i have less good feeling to this characters since the modern Tom and Jerry series they did.

The "Old Rockin' Chair Tom" shot posted pages ago looks really amazing BTW.

Scarlet Pumpernickel

Postby Scarlet Pumpernickel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:04 pm

But, if WHV was to make replacement discussions, that'd mean that either they would settle for a unrestored-yet-pristine print or they'd have to go back to restoring the aforemented print, which would take way too long to WHV's tastes.
Remember when Warner outright excluded a replacement program for the cropped Super Stars discs?
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”

--Ernestine Ulmer

Bobby Bickert

Postby Bobby Bickert » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Duck Dodgers wrote:Don't you remember that this way we had replacements for the Disney Treasures ("Chronological Donald volume 4" and "Silly Simphonies volume 2"), the LTGC volume 2 as well as other ones.

But no disc replacements for Rarities or Chronological Donald 2, which (according to David Gerstein) were mostly transfers from VHS masters.

And nothing for Popeye Volume 3, even though both of the two different prints of "Spinach Fer Britain" that aired on Cartoon Network were in much better condition than the washed-out print that's on the DVD.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Bobby Bickert wrote:But no disc replacements for Rarities or Chronological Donald 2, which (according to David Gerstein) were mostly transfers from VHS masters.

I wonder why though? :confused:

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Bobby Bickert wrote:But no disc replacements for Rarities or Chronological Donald 2, which (according to David Gerstein) were mostly transfers from VHS masters.

And nothing for Popeye Volume 3, even though both of the two different prints that aired on Cartoon Network were in much better condition than the washed-out print that's on the DVD.

Well, only hope here is actually for Disney if they re-release the shorts on to Blu-ray. At least there were more original prints on CD2 vs CD1 for exmaple but no im not expert on original titles when it comes to Disney.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 pm

That's ENOUGH!!!!! I'm sick and tired people on here putting each other down over a small issue such as original titles. I'm also sick and tired of "replacment disc this and replacment disc that". These are taken from the best masters avaliable. Are they uncut; yes. Are they Turner TV prints; no. Its fans like YOU yes YOU that make me look bad as an animation fan. There are people that can't even afford a TV, and you're complaing about one slight flaw of this DVD. This is going to be an excellent DVD; I've seen snapshots. Cut my throat, ban me from the forums, call me bad names; I don't care; I don't care anymore. I've tried ending this peacefully; it still continued. If this horsepoo continues after this post, I will not post on this thread anymore (I won't even look at it) because there isn't any intelligence about this release. Let's act like good Christians please! Is this how it was in the past (I'm not talking about messed up releases such as the Looney Tunes Super Stars or the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection; I'm talking about releases such as the Popeyes and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection)? The Coca-Cola titles aren't on the remastered prints of A Charlie Brown Christmas, do you hear me whinning about it? NO!!! Appreciate this set; it may be THE one great Tom and Jerry Collection. This is King Delbert, having the balls to say what I'M thinking (cause sure as heck you're not thinking it obviously).
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

CueBallCat79

Postby CueBallCat79 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:43 pm

King Delbert wrote: Let's act like good Christians please!

So can the Jews, Hindus, Buddhists and everyone else still continue to act like jerks?

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

King Delbert wrote:Let's act like good Christians please! This is King Delbert, having the balls to say what I'M thinking (cause sure as heck you're not thinking it obviously).

Somethin' funny about above?

I would give my two cents but we probably shouldn't be talking about religious stuff.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

quack-up wrote:I would give my two cents but we probably shouldn't be talking about religious stuff.

This is against the forums rules indeed.

4. Always treat others the way you want to be treated - with respect and courtesy. This means any kind of disparaging comment against one's ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation will not be tolerated.

Back to the subject, please?

matiasdf

Postby matiasdf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

King Delbert wrote:That's ENOUGH!!!!! I'm sick and tired people on here putting each other down over a small issue such as original titles. I'm also sick and tired of "replacment disc this and replacment disc that". These are taken from the best masters avaliable. Are they uncut; yes. Are they Turner TV prints; no. Its fans like YOU yes YOU that make me look bad as an animation fan. There are people that can't even afford a TV, and you're complaing about one slight flaw of this DVD. This is going to be an excellent DVD; I've seen snapshots. Cut my throat, ban me from the forums, call me bad names; I don't care; I don't care anymore. I've tried ending this peacefully; it still continued. If this horsepoo continues after this post, I will not post on this thread anymore (I won't even look at it) because there isn't any intelligence about this release. Let's act like good Christians please! Is this how it was in the past (I'm not talking about messed up releases such as the Looney Tunes Super Stars or the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection; I'm talking about releases such as the Popeyes and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection)? The Coca-Cola titles aren't on the remastered prints of A Charlie Brown Christmas, do you hear me whinning about it? NO!!! Appreciate this set; it may be THE one great Tom and Jerry Collection. This is King Delbert, having the balls to say what I'M thinking (cause sure as heck you're not thinking it obviously).

Shut up and READ.

I seriously doubt old Eastman prints are the best source Warner has. This is different than original titles, Warner is outright lying to us! "37 remastered theatrical shorts" they say. Heck, I bet the TV prints look better.
Of course I'm entitled to the absolute best if I'm gonna actually pay for it.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”