Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
pablo

Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

Postby pablo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6764

This October, Warner Brothers will begin releasing their classic cartoon library in high definition with the Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray. The two-disc collection presents forty of the cat and mouse duo's most beloved cartoons fully restored in 1080p. The list of cartoons includes:

• "Puss Gets The Boot"
  • "The Midnight Snack"
  • "The Night Before Christmas"
  • "Fraidy Cat"
  • "Dog Trouble"
  • "Puss N' Toots"
  • "The Bowling Alley Cat"
  • "Fine Feathered Friend"
  • "Sufferin' Cats"
  • "The Lonesome Mouse"
  • "The Yankee Doodle Mouse"
  • "Baby Puss"
  • "The Zoot Cat"
  • "The Million Dollar Cat"
  • "The Body Guard"
  • "Puttin' On The Dog"
  • "Mouse Trouble"
  • "The Mouse Comes To Dinner"
  • "Mouse In Manhattan"
  • "Tee For Two"
  • "Flirty Birdy"
  • "Quiet Please!"
  • "Springtime For Thomas"
  • "The Milky Waif"
  • "Trap Happy"
  • "Solid Serenade"
  • "Cat Fishin'"
  • "Part Time Pal"
  • "The Cat Concerto"
  • "Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Mouse"
  • "Salt Water Tabby"
  • "A Mouse In The House"
  • "The Invisible Mouse"
  • "Kitty Foiled"
  • "The Truce Hurts"
  • "Old Rockin' Chair Tom"
  • "Professor Tom"
  • "Polka Dot Puss"
  • "The Little Orphan"
  • "Hatch Up Your Troubles"
Warner has not yet announced any special features or a full list of technical specifications for this Blu-ray set, so check back later for further updates.

Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One will street on October 25th.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

No "Mouse Cleaning"? Not for negativism, but this is lookin this set will have the same transfers as from the Spotlight Collection. :eek:

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

Holy C**p! This set better have the original prints of the T&J cartoons And NOT THE REISSUES!!!!(due to someone saying that WBV recently discovered in there vaults 6 original T&J prints with rare T&J original titles)Oh, and BTW, they better be Uncut too.

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 am

Mouse Cleaning IS conspicuously absent. That's a dead giveaway that this isn't going to improve on the Spotlight Collections in any meaningful way.

I don't think I need to tell anyone where Warner can take this Blu-Ray set and shove it.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Prinzenick

Postby Prinzenick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 am

So much for Jerry Beck saying that this should be bought even if you have the Spotlight collections, since they won't even include Mouse Cleaning.

Not buying.
"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
--Walt Disney :rabbit:

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am

I refuse to take this at face value until I read some confirmation from Jerry Beck or Earl Kress.

If this IS true, and these prints contain any original titles, and are uncut, then... screw you, WHV for making this a strictly blu-ray release!!!
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

pablo

Postby pablo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 am

Well, it does say, for one, fully restored in HD, so that's huge (if really true), and plus, this is Volume 1. The rest should be in Volume 2.

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 am

pablo wrote:Well, it does say, for one, fully restored in HD, so that's huge (if really true), and plus, this is Volume 1. The rest should be in Volume 2.

Taking a short out of sequence like that doesn't exactly leave me hoping for the best.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Did Jerry Beck say that the cartoons will be in order but no "Mouse Cleaning"? And why can't WHV fit all the cartoons on one blu-ray disc?

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Interesting that the press release says 40 cartoons and the actual cover says 37 cartoons. Not the first time the first press release from WB has been inaccurate. So, maybe there's still a chance we'll get "Mouse Cleaning" (though I'm not holding my breath...). Definitely taking a "wait-and-see" attitude towards this set. Jerry sounded pretty excited about it last time on Shokus. Here's hoping for the best.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”