Tom & Jerry: The Golden Collection, Volume One Blu-ray

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am

So anybody here bought it and is 100% happy? When will a golden age of cartoons.com review be up?And to who know who- I won't blame your friend for another WHV screw-up.:tweety:

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 pm

raginggoodfella wrote:So anybody here bought it and is 100% happy? When will a golden age of cartoons.com review be up?And to who know who- I won't blame your friend for another WHV screw-up.:tweety:

There you go again. If it weren't for Jerry, we wouldn't have a collection like this, or for that matter, a Looney Tunes set.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:03 pm

No one is to blame here! People make mistakes and this was just that. It's common and normal. It was just trying something that could've work but didn't and that's fine. Everybody makes mistakes and we learn from those mistakes. Next time WHV restores/remasters an MGM Hanna-Barbera Tom and Jerry from the 40's and 50's, just use the 50's reissue prints and not the 60's reissues with the 60's MGM logo. That's all.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Toonatic wrote:No one is to blame here! People make mistakes and this was just that. It's common and normal. It was just trying something that could've work but didn't and that's fine. Everybody makes mistakes and we learn from those mistakes. Next time WHV restores/remasters an MGM Hanna-Barbera Tom and Jerry from the 40's and 50's, just use the 50's reissue prints and not the 60's reissues with the 60's MGM logo. That's all.

Or invent a time machine and use the original prints. :p
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Woody Woodpecker wrote:Or invent a time machine and use the original prints. :p

Or even better, event a time machine to STOP the MGM fire from happening in the first place.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:15 pm

nickramer wrote:There you go again. If it weren't for Jerry, we wouldn't have a collection like this, or for that matter, a Looney Tunes set.

So did you buy this new T&J set nickramer?

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm

raginggoodfella wrote:So did you buy this new T&J set nickramer?

Not yet, as I'm having trouble finding it.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:24 pm

King Delbert wrote:Or even better, event a time machine to STOP the MGM fire from happening in the first place.

and use it to track down all lost films,
and make sure when films get reissued that there original titles are not removed or changed.
and stop censorship from happening.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Joe H

Postby Joe H » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:25 pm

At least it seems WB is already aware of the problem. I'll be looking forward to their response.

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm

nickramer wrote:Not yet, as I'm having trouble finding it.

Buy it on amazon; it's easier and cheaper
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”