"The Essential Daffy Duck" on DVD November 1!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 pm

I think remember Jerry Beck said that the "Porky's Duck Hunt" negatives having transfers problems for be on the Golden Collections. Did it's by fans requests that "Porky's Duck Hunt" is in "Essential Daffy" disc but screwed in comprehensive discs collections? I hoping that the Essential Bugs having "Porky's Hare Hunt" than "Elmer's Candid Camera". :daffy:

matiasdf

Postby matiasdf » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:05 pm

I think that, given that this is actually a oficially confirmed release, Jerry should be able to at the very least clarify if the only new-to-DVD short in this compilation is going to be sourced from a restoration.

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:19 pm

matiasdf wrote:I could be very wrong but... You REALLY think WB would be THAT cheap to just use the old VHS print?

Yes.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:10 pm

nickramer wrote:I forgot thet they might put up a computer colorized copy. But how can you turn off the color on television or a computer? I don't think that's possible on modern devices. I also heard that even if you can turn off the color, the shading still wouldn't match the ones on an original black and white print (although the person who said this isn't a member here anymore).

You can turn color off on computers and HD TVs.

It's true that if you simply turned the color off on a computer colorized print, the shadings would be different.

Take a B&W Mickey Mouse short. His shorts are white. Look at the same short in computer colorized format, and turn the color off with your TV. His shorts are a light grey.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:13 pm

There is one thing they are cheap put on Duck Dogers TV show cartoon, but I don't think that they will clorized copy of Porky's Duck Hunt. Then they could other wise have used Daffy Duck Hunt insteed.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Scarlet Pumpernickel

Postby Scarlet Pumpernickel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 pm

But the thing is, why the flock should Warner put out the computer colorized master of «Porky's Duck Hunt», which has certainly worn out over time, when they have access to good quality, unused B&W dupes in their vaults?
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”

--Ernestine Ulmer

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 am

I will probably be able to answer the "Porky's Duck Hunt" question before the release date of this set.
I'll let you know.
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”