Complete Casper (theatrical toons and 63 series) coming to DVD!!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
Toonatic

Complete Casper (theatrical toons and 63 series) coming to DVD!!

Postby Toonatic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:41 pm

As if Herman and Katnip wasn't enough! :D :

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/New-Casper-Cartoon-Casper-Collectors-Edition/15646

"Our retail contacts have told us that they've been informed of a fabulous new 3-DVD set coming out on October 11th, just in time for Halloween. It's Casper the Friendly Ghost: Collector's Edition, with 55 original theatrical cartoons and 26 episodes made specifically for 1963's "The New Casper Cartoon Show". They tell us that this even includes a rare episode which has never been released to home video, in any format. Plus there are new Bonus Features in the form of Commentaries with Casper expert Mark Arnold (writer of the book The Harveyville Fun Times), an Interview with voice actor Bradley Bolke, a Gallery of Comic Book Covers, and more! Collectors will love that this all comes in stylish matte finish/spot gloss packaging, all for just $29.93 SRP."

What say you fans?

ohmahaaha

Postby ohmahaaha » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Great news if it happens ... after Herman & Katnip, now this - I hope there is more good Harvey news to come.

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Come on, Complete Little Audrey DVD set.

But I digress.. the range of dates suggests that they're going to include the pre-Harvey trilogy. Hopefully they find some good prints for those.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

The Crazy HR

Postby The Crazy HR » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Collector's edition means what? Restored original Famous shorts with original titles, soundtrack, music and everything? I sure hope so.

But I don't think that will happen...

pghjerry

Postby pghjerry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 pm

I would think you would need more than 3 dvd's

Prinzenick

Postby Prinzenick » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:38 pm

If this has restored prints of the original three Casper cartoons, i am so buying this set. I'm tired of seeing those grainy, beat up public domain prints of the original three shorts.
"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
--Walt Disney :rabbit:

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Uh-oh, who's releaseing it? The first three are owned by Paramount.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 pm

pghjerry wrote:I would think you would need more than 3 dvd's

Unless if the 3rd disc is a flipper (whcih seems likely to me).

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:14 pm

OK. I've done the math. Now I remember that the first four volumes/discs of the Pink Panther Cartoon Collection featured 27 shorts per disc. And if I'm correct, the 3 discs will hold 27 cartoons each with hopefully enough room for the extras.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:23 am

King Delbert wrote:Uh-oh, who's releaseing it? The first three are owned by Paramount.

On Facebook, Mark Arnold says this is a Shout Factory release which explains why it looks like a step-up from the typical Classic Media releases.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”