Complete Casper (theatrical toons and 63 series) coming to DVD!!

It's cartoon news worth reading! Read about the latest TV highlights, DVD releases, and much more!
nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 am

Debbie wrote:Unfortunately, many of the "The New Casper Cartoon Show" episodes show their age more than the rest of the cartoons, which is a pity, because they are easily the highlight of this collection. While not brilliantly written or animated, they offer far more variety in their plots than the theatrical shorts, and often feature Casper's supporting cast from the comics: Spooky, the Ghostly Trio, Wendy the Good Little Witch and Nightmare the horse. Fans of the Harvey Comics version of Casper will especially enjoy this disc.

Most of the storylines for these cartoons were adapted from the Harvey comics. Although, I like the later comics where the storylines got wierder and they break the laws of physics.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 am

Speaking of the Harvey Comics version of Casper, I really disliked the re-design they gave him sometime in the late 1990's. I think it may have inspired by his appearance in the live-action movie with Christina Ricci; but those big blue eyes with the (seemingly) dilated pupils were just plain creepy!
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:36 am

zavkram wrote:Speaking of the Harvey Comics version of Casper, I really disliked the re-design they gave him sometime in the late 1990's. I think it may have inspired by his appearance in the live-action movie with Christina Ricci; but those big blue eyes with the (seemingly) dilated pupils were just plain creepy!

Yeah, not everyone looks good with woodpecker eyes.

Return to “GAC News and Reviews”